Can you feel that?
No, just focus for one second... do you feel it? Do you hear it?
It’s a potential #content oasis in the midst of a desert!
Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner told me he has cut his list to Missouri, Marquette and Iowa State. Also still has BG on his list. Said he hopes to make a final decision in the next week.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) April 5, 2020
We’ve been closely following the decision of Justin Turner since he announced Missouri was one of his finalists earlier in the process. We’ve dedicated podcasts to his recruitment. We’ve run articles around his fit in the offense. And now we’re really hoping we can do even more once he (cross your fingers!) announces he’ll suit up in black and gold for his final season.
You don’t need us to tell you by now that Turner’s commitment would be a huge boon to the Tigers, who desperately need a scorer on the wing. We’ll keep an eye on any potential announcement and, rest assured, we’ll be all over it by the time Turner makes up his mind.
More Mizzou Links:
- A little teaser for another ‘crootin story coming your way later...
Spoke to Otero JC guard RayQuawndis Mitchell earlier this evening.— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) April 6, 2020
The JUCO guard doesn't hold a #Mizzou offer, but he feels comfortable enough with the staff to include them in his list of finalists.
He's aiming reach a decision in the next week or two.
- Another entry in the, “Josh Christopher uses Twitter,” saga:
- Over on PowerMizzou, subscribers can read about the 2021 running back targets and get access to an interview with 4-star CB Daylan Carnell.
- PowerMizzou is running a Fan Feature series, as well as, “The Ultimate Mizzou Football Player Bracket.”
- 247Sports is looking way ahead to 2021, when it projects that Missouri will play in the Gator Bowl after the first regular season under Eli Drinkwitz.
- A three-star Texas WR has Mizzou in his Top 10 list.
- The Post-Dispatch took a closer look at some pitch-recognition software being used by Mizzou baseball and softball.
- Everybody’s got a Zoom account these days...
Yesterday at Rock M
- Technically not yesterday, but if you haven’t already, go vote in The “Mizzou Movie” Box Set Draft
- Study Hall: Mizzou losses were every bit as bad as you remember them
Generally this is where we deposit the Missouri-related links that don’t fit with the bigger theme. HOWEVER, there are only so many of those to go around these days.
So as long as I’m doing links (Mondays and Tuesdays!) I’ll be posting stuff that’s getting me through this craziness.
- The entertainment world stopped for a second when SXSW cancelled its annual festival, a major blow to lots of would-be indie darlings in the film industry. However, the festival has announced a team-up with Amazon to air its entire lineup online during an undetermined 10-day slate. Very cool, very much something I’m into.
- I know there are people out there that care about the WWE, and would probably like to know that Rob Gronkowski, former football superstar, got a belt last night.
- Stat nerds! NBA Fans! Athletic subscribers! Assemble (for this really cool offensive styles piece!)
- CBS Sports ranked the best NBA Hall of Fame classes of all time after the Kobe, KG and Tim Duncan trio was announced this weekend.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)