Happy (Late) Mother’s Day!
Not much happened in the world of Mizzou sports yesterday, but it was Mother’s Day. Several Mizzou Tiger recruits and coaches took the time to publicly shout out their moms on social media, so we’re highlighting just a few of them.
- Former Mizzou commit (and current recruit) Shemar Pearl wished his mom a very Tiger-themed Mother’s Day.
Travi0n Ford, very recent Mizzou commit, did much of the same.
Coach Pingeton got some love from her, “family.”
Best friends / co-workers ever! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/LxyvbfjmnF— Robin Pingeton (@CoachPingeton) May 10, 2020
Mizzou Football hopped in on the fun.
And Mizzou Athletics sent a group card, because that many individual cards would be too expensive.
More Mizzou Links:
- At PowerMizzou, The Ultimate Mizzou Player Bracket is down to its Championship, a poll that’s open to everyone; subscribers can then switch over to a 2022 recruiting primer focused on St. Louis and Kansas City area prospects.
- Former Mizzou Softball slugger Ashley Fleming talked with the Boonville Daily News about her new role as one of the coaches at McKendree University (along with former teammate Chelsea Thomas).
Yesterday at Rock M
Generally this is where we deposit the Missouri-related links that don’t fit with the bigger theme. HOWEVER, there are only so many of those to go around these days.
So as long as I’m doing links (Mondays and Tuesdays!) I’ll be posting stuff that’s getting me through this craziness.
- Your weekly The Last Dance media roundup is here: ESPN runs down some of the highlights, while CBS Sports goes more in depth on Scottie Pippen’s famous refusal to play; other people around the NBA recall their memories of Michael Jordan’s retirement; Mike Breen recalls calling Michael Jordan’s MSG games.
- Zion Williamson is one of the biggest young basketball stars in the world, but even he can’t avoid getting caught up in the ongoing corruption scandals surrounding the NCAA.
- NBA teams started practicing in team facilities over the weekend, and Kevin Love had mixed feelings about it.
- Here’s a relevant article (published in 2018) about etiquette when it comes to tipping for take out meals. Somethings tells me we’ll all be doing takeout a little more often in the next few months.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)