Washington TE is sticking with Missouri after Crimson Tide come knocking
It’s no secret to anyone locally (or nationally) that Eli Drinkwitz has been on a tear in recruiting since coming to Missouri. This has been especially true with Missouri kids, who have made up the vast majority of the 2021 class thus far. And it would appear that the noise is starting to reach rival coaches.
Alabama’s Rivals site spoke with Missouri commit Ryan Hoerstkamp, the TE out of Washington who committed to the Tigers earlier this spring (the story is for Rivals subscribers only, sorry). Alabama recently extended an offer to Hoerstkamp, an offer that the tight end said made him feel, “honored.”
Mizzou fans shouldn’t feel worried, though. Despite the offer, Hoerstkamp says he doesn’t see the offer changing anything about his commitment (he did add a generic, “unless something crazy happens,” caveat). Obviously nothing is official until the signature is on the NLI, but there doesn’t appear to be any concern around how solid Hoerstkamp’s commitment is.
If nothing else, it feels good to know that the top programs in the country are taking notice of the kids who want to play ball at the University of Missouri.
More Mizzou Links:
- Peter Baugh at The Athletic put together a mailbag for subscribers, including answers on the QB battle this fall and 2022 recruiting.
- PowerMizzou subscribers had a cornucopia on which to feast on Monday, including a chat with a Florida LB recruit, a new basketball recruit to watch and Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts.
- Dave Matter wrote about how Anton Brookshire’s commitment to Mizzou Hoops could be the first block of a backcourt rebuild.
- Congrats to Jordan Roundtree and Connor Flynn for their nominations to be the McWhorther Scholar Athlete of the Year.
- Robin Pingeton has added a Top 100 recruit to the 2021 class
- Barrett Bannister is some secret society member now. Apparently it’s a very big deal.
Congratulations to #Mizzou WR @BanisterBarrett ‼️— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) May 11, 2020
He was tapped into QEBH, @Mizzou's oldest secret society.
QEBH's members are selected for their selfless dedication to Mizzou, excellence in personal character & leadership achievements in the community.#MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/XEKgnchiNS
- Four-star Louisiana WR recruit is loving the Mizzou graphics team, as we all do.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sweet Home Chicago: A Recruiting Investigation
- MIZ-ZOOM with Coach Robin Pingeton
- What If... Norm Stewart had landed Larry Johnson? [republished from Bill’s original 2008 piece]
- THIS IS NOT A DRILL. MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL OWNERS HAVE APPROVED A PLAN FOR A JULY RETURN. (Read here to get a breakdown on some of the proposed rules included in the plan.)
- Speaking of baseball! MLB.com looked back on the 1998 season, which unquestionably ruled, and I didn’t realize there were people who needed to be convinced of this?
- Congratulations to Gene Bess, college basketball’s winningest coach of all time, on his impending retirement. The Three Rivers College coach amassed a record of 1,300-416 over the course of his career. No, I’m not making this up.
- Rock legend Dave Grohl wrote a guest piece for The Atlantic about the longing for live music in a COVID-19 world.
- This is the last link because most, if not all, of you won’t be excited about this, but the Criterion Collection is releasing all the films of legendary Swedish filmmaker Agnès Varda later this summer. If you’re really into Swedish independent film, this will be big news to you!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)