Former Mizzou commit is re-committing in June
Defensive end recruit Shemar Pearl has been enamored with Mizzou for a long time. He committed to Barry Odom’s team during the 2019 recruiting cycle, but was unable to make the roster out of high school for academic reasons. He’s since gone to Garden City Community College and become a coveted JUCO prospect and has seen his recruitment narrow to three schools — Missouri, Texas Tech and SEC rival South Carolina. On Sunday, Pearl announced he’d be announcing his new commitment in June.
I will be announcing my commitment on my birthday June 18! Stay tuned!— “Shimmy” (@ShemarPearl) May 17, 2020
Shemar has been pretty pro-Mizzou online, and seems to be keen on getting to Columbia at some point. His original high school offer sheet was incredibly impressive, and his big frame (6’5”, 235 pounds) would be a welcome addition to the 2021 roster. There seems to be reason to like Missouri here, but South Carolina has made a big push. We’ll find out in a month if Eli Drinkwitz is able to close the deal with Pearl.
More Mizzou Links:
- Dave Matter focuses on recruiting, specifically that of Eli Drinkwitz, in his Quick Hits column.
- Sean Williams at PowerMizzou, touched on two big-time DE recruits who are considering Missouri for the 2021 class (subscribers only). Over on the Kentucky Rivals’ site, St. Louis wide receiver recruit Demetrius Cannon talked about his top schools, including Mizzou.
- Finally at PowerMizzou, voters chose their Ultimate Mizzou Player from the field of 64 and the result is pretty obvious if we’re being completely honest.
Yesterday at Rock M
Generally this is where we deposit the Missouri-related links that don’t fit with the bigger theme. HOWEVER, there are only so many of those to go around these days.
So as long as I’m doing links (Mondays and Tuesdays!) I’ll be posting stuff that’s getting me through this craziness (note: this is the last week I’ll be doing this, as sports are starting to slowly make the news more and more often.)
- For the last time, here’s your weekly roundup of media surrounding The Last Dance: Dennis Rodman thinks the Bulls left titles on the table; people are starting to worry about Michael Jordan’s eyes; Michael Jordan gifted a pair of Centre Court shoes in commemoration of the show’s last episode.
- Jeff Passan looked at the MLB’s 67-page return proposal and discussed it from a health and safety perspective. Hey, a writer’s gotta eat!
- Ever wondered which Hollywood actors swear more than their counterparts? If yes, click here. If no, continue onward.
- Rapper Travis Scott is teaming up with Lebron James to sell T-shirts for charity, so if any of you old geezers want to feel hip with the kids...
- Comedians across Hollywood have been offering up tributes to the late, great Fred Willard, who died this weekend.
- If you still find yourself in a state with strict quarantine rules, don’t worry — the AV Club curated a list of Netflix’s best stand-up comedy specials.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)