Some good news in the NFL involving a former Missouri Tiger.
The league announced on Wednesday afternoon that defensive end Aldon Smith has been reinstated, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
#Cowboys pass-rusher Aldon Smith has been reinstated by Commissioner Roger Goodell after Smith met with Goodell via videoconference on Thursday, per me and @MikeGarafolo. Smith has not played since 2015 thanks to legal troubles and suspensions. Now, he’s back.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 20, 2020
Back on April 1st, Aldon Smith agreed to a one-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
Breaking: The #dallascowboys have signed former Pro Bowl LB/DE Aldon Smith to a one-year, marking the end of a 4-year absence. Clean and sober now, incredible how much he’s turned his life around. @NFLonFOX @dallascowboys— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 2, 2020
Congrats to Aldon and good luck this upcoming season in the Big D!
And Mizzou Homecoming released an AWESOME video, unveiling the 2020 Homecoming Theme and Logo, titled “Timeless and True”.
Announcing our 2020 Homecoming Theme and Logo !!— Mizzou Homecoming (@MU_Homecoming) May 19, 2020
Mizzou Homecoming: Timeless and True pic.twitter.com/cNOY31Ui05
Mizzou’s Homecoming game this season is set for October 24th against Kentucky. Let’s hope it happens!
And with Xavier Pinson expected back next season, Matt Harris lays out what Mizzou’s returning production looks like next season in the SEC. It’s looking... pretty promising?
With Xavier Pinson back, here's a snapshot of #Mizzou's returning production and SEC rank.— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) May 21, 2020
- MIN.: 72.09% (3rd)
- POSS.: 79.05% (1st)
- SHOTS: 76.69% (1st)
- 3FGM: 86.33% (1st)
- PTS.: 75.21% (1st)
- REB: 61.67% (5th)
- AST: 85.79% (1st)
- STL: 80.86 (1st)
- BLK: 47.68% (6th)
Let’s head over to the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Film Room: Defense 2020 Part One — Fronts, by Tim Bussen
- Check out who Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley have selected in The Missouri Tigers Legends Draft: Round XVIII!
- PODCAST: Before The Box Score Takes a Trip to Florida, with Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley
- ($$) Read up on the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s mailbag
- ($$) Mitchell Forde has Version 4.0 of The Perfect Class 2021
- From Rivals recruiting analyst Chad Simmons, Favorites have emerged for Georgia DE Khristian Zachary
- Other sports in danger with college football revenue at risk, writes Dave Matter
- The latest Eye of the Tigers Podcast is out, with Dave Matter and Ben Frederickson
- Souichi Terada writes about Drew Buggs and Ed Chang, and how Cuonzo Martin intends to use them
- ($$) The thinking behind Mizzou’s plan to play perhaps 3 points guards together, writes CJ Moore
- Columbia rec baseball to return in June, writes Andy Kimball
- Here is a good trivia question... which former Missouri Tiger has the most career points in the NBA? That would be Larry Drew!
- COMO! No. 5 on College Football’s Greatest College Towns
- Welcome to Mizzou, Jayla Kelly! Catch up on the latest #MIZZOOM episode with Mizzou commit Jayla Kelly, interviewed by Micah Linthacum
- It’s time to vote for the 5 vs 12 match up between Mizzou Baseball and Mizzou Women’s Basketball for the Mizzou Pix photo of the year bracket!
- James Graham, a 2021 small forward from Milwaukee, Wisconsin has received an offer from Mizzou
Blessed to receive an offer from Missouri pic.twitter.com/wM0G3MIDFP— James Graham III (@JamesGrahamIII2) May 20, 2020
- Another offer! Peyton Watson is a 2021 five-star small forward from Long Beach, California. And from the same high school as Drew Buggs!
- Mizzou has made the Top six cut for Carrollton, Georgia defensive end Khristian Zachary.
TOP 6.......... @adamcm777 @ou247 @BamaOnLine247 @MizzouFootball @Dawgs247 @CoachSimmonsFB @CoachHoon @Carrollton_High @BALLERSCHOICE1 @SWiltfong247 @ChadSimmons_ @bigmantakeover #coachmill #stateyourfaith https://t.co/5i5ni74Anu pic.twitter.com/n2V6Qj370D— reverendtriple7 (@reverendtriple7) May 20, 2020
- Some good news regarding college football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball, according to Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel
Sources: The NCAA Division I Council voted to approve voluntary athletic activities in football, MBB and WBB to start June 1st and go through June 30th. There had been a moratorium on that through May 31st. Other sports will be acted on on a later date.— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) May 20, 2020
- From CFB o nFOX, here are the SEC’s returning starters. Mizzou has 13, which is tied for South Carolina for fourth-most in the league.
- From Joseph Goodman of AL.com, Coronavirus cluster slows construction at Bryant-Denny Stadium
- NBA teams expecting guidelines around June 1 for players’ return, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports
- From ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski, NHL discussing 24-team, conference based playoff format
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)