Zac Woodfin opens up on COVID-19
Mizzou Football is back in about as full of a swing as it can be in this unprecedented time, and the players and coaches are undoubtedly still adjusting to this new normal. There’s only so much information we can glean from interviews and reporting, but it’s always worthwhile to get a new perspective — particularly one who doesn’t get a lot of spotlight.
ABC 17 interviewed the Tigers’ new strength and conditioning coach, Zac Woodfin about how he’s handling the new precautions, and he had some interesting answers, including his experience with long layoffs from his time as a coach in the NFL.
We had a very similar situation — it was even a longer layoff... We did see that year a lot of lower leg injuries... early in training camp.
The mistake was simply starting too fast.
Woodfin also rode the company line about the coronavirus precautions, including questionnaires and masks. It’s comforting to know Woodfin is taking everything fairly seriously, and it’s even more so knowing he has some experience in working with teams who have to forego normal training practices. Hopefully he’s able to keep the team as healthy as possible headed into this strange and unpredictable 2020 season.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sean Williams at PowerMizzou wrote about how the Tigers are jumping into the mix for a new OL recruit. And while that story is only for subscribers, all PM readers can vote in the Elite Eight of the ongoing basketball Ultimate Mizzou Player Bracket.
- With Ian Bedell already making it clear that he’s signing with his dream team, the Mizzou Baseball team took another hit on Sunday when Peter Zimmerman signed with the Houston Astros.
The Astros have signed four undrafted free agents, according to Baseball America:— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) June 14, 2020
Jimmy Endersby, RHP, Concordia Irvine
Justin Dirden, OF, Southeast Missouri State
Cesar Gomez, RHP, Texas Arlington
Peter Zimmerman, INF, Mizzou
- Truman’s Tales at Fansided recapped the past few weeks of the Mizzou Football recruiting cycle, highlighting Eli Drinkwitz’s hot start in 2021.
- Mizzou eSports beat that school to the west in a battle for a Division I spot in the upcoming summer series. Congrats, Tigers!
Mizzou Rocket League takes on the University of Kansas for a spot in the first division of the CCA RL summer series where there are $20,000 in scholarships on the line.#MIZGG— Mizzou Esports (@MizzouEsports) June 14, 2020
Watch Live: https://t.co/VG0WVdomCC pic.twitter.com/Z1diMYuwLs
- Rest in peace to this forever True Son
RIP, Alvin “Squeaky” Marquart, a fixture at Mizzou hoops games - road & away - for decades. He was such a fan he was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in 2015. https://t.co/dlm63VtNvQ— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) June 15, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)