Sports are slowly trickling back into place, but (as we’ve covered on this site), recruiting never sleeps. It also doesn’t take Mondays off, as evidenced by the launch of the 2022 recruiting cycle for men’s college basketball yesterday.
A recap of 2022 prospects #Mizzou’s reportedly touched base with today:— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) June 15, 2020
- Tarris Reed Jr. (Offer)
- Aidan Shaw (Offer)
- Larry Hughes II
- Taj Manning
- Jalen Quinn
- Jaylon McDaniel
Obviously, these are not the only players Mizzou will touch base with, and there’s a chance none of them end up as Tigers. But this is who we know Missouri is targeting right now, so let’s focus in.
For your sake, we’ve run through highlight videos and scouting pages for all of these recruits right below:
Hughes is number 11 in the white jersey in the below video
Jalen Quinn: 247
Jaylon McDaniel: Rivals
After Matt’s rundown, another offer was reported as having gone out from Mizzou:
6’8 2022 Julian Phillips of Blythewood (SC) has now been offered by Arizona State, Kansas, Xavier, Texas Tech, Florida & Missouri #AbsoluteBasketball— Jamie Shaw (@JamieShaw5) June 16, 2020
WATCH his Highlights Mix
: https://t.co/0P515rEZUD pic.twitter.com/a8GdM7AB9z
Not for nothing, the staff is also hard at work at the upcoming 2021 class as evidenced by the news of an additional offer to a Top 100 combo guard.
We’ll have more later this week on the the latest wave of Missouri recruiting and what it means moving forward.
- Over at PowerMizzou, subscribers can read breakdowns from Sean Williams on Kansas City recruits in the 2022 class, as well as a more in-depth look at Luther Burden, a five-star wide receiver in St. Louis. You’ll also get the regular rundown on Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts.
- Happy anniversary, coach! We at Rock M Nation hope you and Mrs. Martin had a wonderful day celebrating 25 years together!
“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” - Maya Angelou— Cuonzo Martin (@CuonzoMartin) June 15, 2020
Beyond blessed to spend the last 25 years married to my best friend. pic.twitter.com/WrI8BEwJMm
- Mizzou alum and one-time local football star Alex Ofodile is taking up a new position on the field.
Former #Mizzou and Rock Bridge WR Alex Ofodile is the new receivers coach at Hickman High School. Ofodile recently graduated from MU with his Master's Degree after medically retiring.— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) June 15, 2020
- Mizzou Baseball picked up a commitment from Three Rivers College third basemen Brenton Tidd on Monday.
I am blessed to announce that I will be attending the University of Missouri in the Fall to play baseball! I would like to thank my family, coaches, friends, and most importantly God for all of the help along the way! Go Tigers!! @MizzouBaseball #C2E #MIZ pic.twitter.com/0fOJc4pu9d— BT (@BrentonTidd) June 15, 2020
- Finally, if you want to keep up with what could be a potentially big college football story... Oklahoma State mega-star RB Chuba Hubbard has threatened to boycott playing for the university after a picture was released of Mike Gundy sporting a shirt promoting One America News Network, a far-right leaning publication which has promoted conspiracy theories regarding COVID-19 and has called Black Lives Matter a criminal organization. Here’s a recap of the day’s events.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)