Dominic Lovett to commit in early September
Compared to what was a torrid spring and early summer, things have been relatively quiet on the Mizzou Football recruiting front. That’s probably a symptom of coaches being back on campus and trying to navigate the ins and outs of COVID-19 protocols, but it’s also a signifier that Mizzou is a victim of its own success — with so many targets off the board because of their commitment to Mizzou, there are only so many guys left!
However, there are still a few big fish out there, and one of them will be announcing his decision soon(ish). One of Mizzou’s biggest targets for the 2021 class has announced his commitment date on Monday afternoon:
Committing September 11th— Dominic Lovett (@DominicLovett2) July 27, 2020
Lovett is a four-star wide receiver out of East St. Louis and current teammate of Mizzou commit Tyler Macon, who has been pretty vocal about his work recruiting Lovett.
Come home family yk where the real love at https://t.co/V1LlFjD38Y— Tyler “5IVE” Macon (@EstlMaco5) July 27, 2020
The two are also teammates with Keontez Lewis, a recent UCLA commit who was at one point a Mizzou lean. Lovett is also choosing between Mizzou and some major Power 5 programs, and he currently sports offers from Alabama, Georgia, LSU and Oregon.
Landing Lovett would obviously be a coup for Drinkwitz in a year when he’s already landed stars like Travion Ford, Daylan Carnell and Macon. Currently only Gabe DeArmond at PowerMizzou has predicted Lovett will end up at Missouri, and no 247 Crystal Ball picks have been entered. By all indications, though, Drink and his staff have put themselves in prime position to land the blue-chipper. Now we know they have another month to close the deal.
- In news that would’ve seemed somewhat strange just 5 months ago, Mizzou Athletics has announced it is moving to 100 percent digital ticketing. Now’s the time to invest in smart phones!
- Dave Matter at the Post-Dispatch profiled Joshua Bledsoe and Tyree Gillespie, a safety tandem on the verge of big things in the coming season.
- Sean Williams at PowerMizzou spoke with a 2022 4-star TE recruit that’s hearing often from Mizzou, while Gabe DeArmond offered up his weekly Monday morning thoughts for subscribers.
- We see you, MPJ! We see you!
MPJ had himself a solid game tonight— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 28, 2020
19 PTS (8-13FG)
Don't sleep on the Nuggets young core pic.twitter.com/sn36HW469V
- Congrats to Amber Smith, Mizzou Basketball alumnus, who will start her professional career very soon across the Atlantic:
Former #Mizzou standout Amber Smith is signing with Sporting Athens in Greece, per her agent.— Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) July 27, 2020
Smith, a good rebounder who is effective in the post, was a key member on Missouri’s teams the past four years and was part of a formittable duo with @sophaller from 2016-2019.
- Congrats to Dr. Greg Holliday, a key figure in the Mizzou Athletics department, on his retirement!
Mizzou sports psychologist Greg Holliday is retiring. Popular figure among MU athletes/coaches. https://t.co/y3W58CBgP2— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) July 27, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)