First things first.....
There’s just a lot going on right now. After what took place in the NBA on Wednesday, when the Milwaukee Bucks made a statement to boycott their Game 5 against the Orlando Magic, sports became secondary to what is unfortunately happening in today’s world. There’s no denying that.
While sports don’t seem to be really important at the moment, let’s just try to move on with a little Mizzou content.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's series of the Super 30 preseason countdown has concluded, and Missouri football is well represented here as far as commitments are concerned. Of the 30 top senior high school football players in the St. Louis area for the 2020 season, six of them are current Mizzou commits in the 2021 recruiting class.
Washington tight end Ryan Hoerstkamp (11th), DeSmet defensive tackle Mekhi Wingo (10th), DeSmet running back Taj Butts (9th), Trinity Catholic safety Tyler Hibbler (8th), Lutheran North defensive end Travion Ford (6th), and East St. Louis quarterback Tyler Macon (4th) have made this impressive list.
Macon, the highest rated Mizzou commit on that list, was just upgraded to a four-star on Rivals on Wednesday.Macon’s rating jump currently gives Missouri three four-star recruits on Rivals joining Daylan Carnell and Travion Ford.
Onto hoops recruiting news, in case if you missed it yesterday. Sean Durugordon committed to Missouri, giving the Tigers their third commit of the 2021 class. Here’s his commitment video:
good things take time....110% Committed‼️ pic.twitter.com/q8GdYSOmbZ— Sean Durugordon⭐️ ✨ (@durugordon) August 26, 2020
And of course, you have to include the Cuonzo Martin coffee GIF.
Onto the links.....with a little bit of everything covered.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Brandon Kiley writes — Don’t forget about Damon Hazelton
- Sam Snelling has the latest of SBN Reacts: Will COVID lead to a Power Five breakaway from the NCAA?
- 2020 Missouri Football Position Previews: Tight Ends, by Nate Edwards
- Sean Durugordon, a 3-star wing from New York, commits to Mizzou Basketball, writes Sam Snelling
- 20 For 20: #14 J-Mac Delivers in the Arch Rivalry
- Here’s the latest MIZ-ZOOM, from Jacob Giancola
- Mitchell Forde digs into What an extra year of eligibility means for Mizzou
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodle’s Mailbag
- With the addition of Sean Durugordon, Gabe DeArmond has the updated basketball scholarship chart
- From Rivals recruiting analyst Corey Evans, Missouri adds another with the versatile Sean Durugordon
- Mizzou unveils plan to allocate tickets, writes Mitchell Forde
- From Dave Matter, Mizzou basketball adds another pledge, three-star wing Sean Durugordon
- Souichi Terada writes that the Drinkwitz-led offense will go ‘pro-tempo’.
- Mizzou basketball gets New York forward as third member of 2021 hoops recruiting class, writes Souichi Terada
- From Joel Lorenzi, Missouri basketball adds its second recruit this week
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Drinkwitz on COVID: “You can’t get complacent”, writes Eric Blum
- The Lakers and Clippers have voted to boycott the NBA season....here we go.
Sources: The Lakers and Clippers have voted to boycott the NBA season. Most other teams voted to continue. LeBron James has exited the meeting.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 27, 2020
- Here’s a very good video from SEC Network with Nick Bolton
- Here’s Chris Webber’s powerful message from NBA on TNT
- Dexter Fowler and Jack Flahery decided not to participate in Wednesday night’s game. The team later said, according to Tyler O’Neil, that they held a mini-meeting and decided for scheduling purposes to play, but said they were “playing for them.” And they won on a walk-off!
- ESPN scout and recruiting analyst Adam Finkelstein has his thoughts on newest Mizzou commit Sean Durugordon
.@CrownBBALL & @PSAhoops forward Sean Durugordon (@durugordon) just announced his commitment to Mizzou.— Adam Finkelstein (@AdamFinkelstein) August 26, 2020
Vastly improved last year at @cburyboysbball & classic late-bloomer with all types of physical markers for continued progression.
- Here’s the latest New Zou Rookie Report with defensive back Jaylon Carlies
- A decision is coming soon for Mizzou target Tamar Bates. Let’s keep the positive hoops recruiting news going, shall we?
Decision coming soon...— Tamar Bates (@tbates_11) August 26, 2020
- We hope Nicodemus Christopher had a great birthday!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)