The bright side of less teams playing? A Mizzou game on ESPN!
The SEC Network/ESPN released their tv slate of games for the season, and we’ve got some start times!
#NewZou Kick Times ⏰ ⤵️— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 1, 2020
9.26 vs. Alabama
6 PM on @espn
10.3 at Tennessee
11 AM on @SECNetwork
10.17 vs. Vanderbilt
6:30 PM on @SECNetwork
10.31 vs. Kentucky
11 AM on @SECNetwork #MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/GPJFj5DdV9
First up, a sure fire prime time beating on ESPN at the hands of Alabama. FUN!!! The other evening game announced thus far is October 17th’s game against Vandy, which is Homecoming.
CBS Sports released their schedule, too, but Mizzou didn’t make it onto their channel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In other football news, here’s a new Rookie Report, featuring Rock M favorite, Ennis Rakestraw, Jr!
️ #NewZou Rookie Report— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 1, 2020
ft. @EnnisRakestraw #MIZ pic.twitter.com/DBu7MQsYSc
And there’s an update on tonight’s march at 6pm...
Because of Covid-related concerns, the planned march this evening will now start at the columns and go to Memorial Stadium, where the sit-in will take place. It originally was going to start at the MATC and end at the columns.
On to the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- BK was back with a new 20 for 20: # 12 Pig Brown Saves Mizzou’s Bacon.
- COMING UP AT ROCK M: loads of more hot football content
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Dave wrote about how Kobie Whiteside has eased his way into a larger role on and off the field. BenFred & Dave reunited for a new episode of the Eye on the Tigers Podcast where they broke down the Tigers’ schedule, talked about some receivers fans need to know about, and discussed the ongoing QB competition.
- Columbia Tribune: Eric Blum wrote about how Nick Bolton is primed for a strong 2020 season.
- KC Star: Souichi wrote about how the cornerbacks are making life hard for the MU offense, but that’s a good thing.
- The Maneater: Jack Soble conducted a Q&A with former Tiger, Cale Garrett, about his thoughts on this year’s defense.
- Local coverage of SEC ESPN tv schedule release: Andy Kimball (Columbia Missourian). Souichi Terada (KC Star). Mitchell Forde (PowerMizzou). Dave Matter (St. Louis Post-Dispatch). Eric Blum (Columbia Trib).
- Ryan Hoerstkamp is out there recruiting... LOVE to see it!
We could build something special if everyone in Missouri STAYED in Missouri! #TrueSons— Ryan Hoerstkamp (@RyanHoerstkamp) September 1, 2020
- A couple cool Mizzou Football social media things...
️ @LRountreeIII #MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/XUvslDV9Zo— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 2, 2020
@LRountreeIII and Stacy Brown making a difference in the lives of 7-8 year olds. Great talk about the importance of academics and treating everyone equally! #Mizzou4change pic.twitter.com/plFOFbCbji— CoachWoodfin (@Coach_Woodfin) September 1, 2020
Other Mizzou Sports
- The Maneater: Kyle Pinnell wrote a really great, in-depth piece about the commitment of Kaleb Brown. Highly suggest checking it out.
- Some updates on the positivity tests of Mizzou athletes, after The Athletic conducted an open records request.
- Four star guard Avery Brown has been in contact with Mizzou a lot.
4 ⭐️ Guard Avery Brown tells me that he’s in constant contact with Indiana, Missouri, Ohio State, Stanford, Kansas State, UConn, and Xavier. @_averybrown3 @NMHbasketball— Tre Jackson (@knowledge_hoops) September 1, 2020
- Congrats to new baseball recruit, Nathan Landry, on his commitment!
Congratulations to Nathan Landry on his commitment to @MizzouBaseball. Landry is our first guy to commit to a four year school from this years class. pic.twitter.com/Re8VgsCTpC— Mineral Area Baseball (@CardinalsMAC) September 1, 2020
- Glad to hear that Friend of the Dive Cuts’ Pod, Jarrett Sutton, has recovered from COVID.
After 14 days of quarantine, plus a few weeks that followed, I’m happy to say that I’m healthy and back to full strength. Not a fun experience at all, mentally or physically, but an experience I’ll never forget. Be safe, help each other, respect each other, think of others. 2/2— Jarrett Sutton (@JarrettTSutton) September 1, 2020
- Don’t forget College Colors Day is Friday.
9.4.2020 is College Colors Day!— Mizzou Athletics (@MizzouAthletics) August 25, 2020
Proudly wear your Black & Gold #MIZ | #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/w4sGTsuR1X
Mizzou in the Pros News
- Dave Matter covered former Tiger Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms’ battle with COVID while also trying to make the Jags’ roster.
- Aric DiLalla of DenverBroncos.com wrote about Albert O, who is excited to be paired back up with Drew Lock.
- Congrats to Tiger greats, Rickey Paulding & Phil Pressey who will be playing together in Germany for EWE Baskets Oldenburg!
Two Tiger legends from two different eras. @philpressey & @rpaulding23 are teaming up in Germany with EWE Baskets Oldenburg . How can we score some gear @EWE_Baskets? #MizzouMade | #TTFL pic.twitter.com/7FzPRTTh6L— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) September 1, 2020
- Tuesday night was the conclusion of the “Mizzou Bowl!” with the Nuggets taking the game 80-78 and moving onto the second round! Wow. I actually screamed when Mike Conley’s shot almost went in at the buzzer (sorry, neighbors). How’d the Mizzou guys fare? Mike scored 10 points in 17 minutes on 3-7 shooting (1-3 from 3) with 9 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He was +/- 8 when on the floor, and was mentioned a lot by the announcers— with a pan of the camera to Michael Porter, Sr— in the second quarter). As for Jordan Clarkson, he scored 10 points in 25 minutes, shooting 4-9 (1-5 from 3). It will be interesting to see if JC is still a Jazz uniform next season; he’s been a great addition.
Toughhh pic.twitter.com/WZTdnj3PUk— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) September 2, 2020
Oh my god. The Denver Nuggets survived.— Mike Singer (@msinger) September 2, 2020
They're the 12th team ever in NBA history to climb out of a 3-1 hole and win.
- Hey, Coach!
Fresh out of jail (quarantine) living that bubble life! For those that don’t know, that’s #wojespn Adrian Wojnarowski (hope I spelled that right )! pic.twitter.com/ZekxNE9Dse— Michael Porter, Sr. (@coachporter8) September 2, 2020
These are some of the best sports stories & tidbits I recommend— Enjoy!
- Eric Woodward of ESPN wrote about the Milwaukee Bucks’ disappointment in Wisconsin’s state legislature as second-round series rolls on.
- Kelly Robinett of the KC Star wrote about K State’s plans about how many players testing positive would cause a postponement of games.
- Jesse Washington of The Undefeated wrote about Georgetown coaching great, John Thompson, who didn’t want to be boxed in.
- Benjamin Hochman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote about St. Louis high school hoops star, Jahidi White, who’s life was forever changed by the late John Thompson.
- Lindsey Gibbs of the very excellent Power Plays newletter, wrote about the NBA didn’t blaze the trail; the WBNA did. It’s great.
- Andy Reid is a national treasure.
Andy Reid on how he will use the Chiefs’ Super Bowl ring that he will get tonight: “You wear it for special occasions, or if you want a free cheeseburger, you just point right there and show ‘em that ring and you might get one.’’— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) September 1, 2020
- This is awesome.
More from Naomi: "For me, I just want to spread awareness. I'm aware that tennis is watched all over the world, and maybe there is someone that doesn't know Breonna Taylor's story. Maybe they'll like Google it or something..."— D'Arcy Maine (@darcymaine_espn) September 1, 2020
- Hahahha. Kids are funny. Thanks to former Rock M writer, Tramel Raggs, for posting this.
August 31, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)