It’s that time of year!
I have to be honest with y’all, one of my favorite parts of college football season is how easy it is to do links. The summer months are a swelteringly dry desert for #content, whereas the season is a cool, refreshing oasis. It’s so nice to be able to head to every website that covers Mizzou and grab at least 2-3 links per.
Anyway, it’s a Monday in college football season after a game, and that can only mean one(ish) thing: GRADE CARDS! Everyone loves a grade card. They’re clear, succinct and easy to wrap your head around, whether you agree with the grade or not. So dive in to the grades below and let us know what you do and don’t agree with in the comments.
- PowerMizzou’s grade card has a lot of passing grades, more than you would usually expect for a 38-19 loss.
- Souichi Terada wasn’t as kind in the Kansas City Star, grading out everyone as middle-of-the-road. That’s fair, I guess.
- Dave Matter never does a grade card (curse you, Dave, you messed up the thematic element of my Monday links), but he is the first to officially jump on the snap counts! Ben Frederickson kept on the sunny side in his column, where he looked for the positives amongst the negative.
- It’s not exactly a “grade” card, but Adam Cole at the Missourian did some diagnosing of his own on the different aspects of the Tigers’ game.
- Peter Baugh grades the Tigers as “not good enough” against the Tide, but also notes that’s to be expected.
Yesterday at Rock M
Not all of these dropped yesterday, but I figured it would be good to give y’all a full rundown of our post-game coverage starting from Saturday evening on.
- Five takeaways from Mizzou’s season-opening loss against Alabama
- The Tide Roll the Tigers in Week 1
- That wasn’t so bad, was it?
- SEC Recap: Opening Week (The return of Ryan Faller!)
- Here’s your weekly “Mizzou In the NFL” recap:
— A nice day for the #DLineZou in Cleveland, where Sheldon Richardson recorded a sack amongst his 4 tackles, with Jordan Elliott chipping in a tackle of his own.
— Markus Golden recorded two tackles in the Giants’ third consecutive loss of the season. To be fair, no amount of pass-rushing excellence could help a Daniel Jones-helmed team.
— Probably the biggest story of the week for Mizzou, though, was Aldon Smith. The once-disgraced DE had a day for the Cowboys, logging three sacks, four QB hits and a pass deflection. Comeback Player of the Year Candidate? He’d have my vote.
Remember Aldon Smith?— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) September 27, 2020
He's still a problem pic.twitter.com/DWb17egea3
- PowerMizzou didn’t just have the grade card: Gabe listed 10 takeaways (it’s not even Monday morning!), Mitchell Forde wrote up a full notebook, and the staff posted Drinkwitz’s first postgame press conference as the Tiger head coach.
- The Columbia Tribune wrote up its own set of (three) takeaways, while offering some insight on the QB situation after week one.
- Even Saturday Down South had nice things to say about Missouri, which is somewhat strange if you’ve ever read SDS!
- Mizzou Soccer opened its 2020 season with a disappointing 4-1 loss to South Carolina.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels. (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)