Hey, you! Don’t get COVID today!
Happy Labor Day, dear reader! We sincerely hope you’re waking up and reading this late because you’re off today. Or maybe you’re at work and things are more relaxed. Either way, remember that today is an honoring of the labor you provide to the wider world, and you deserve to rest!
While you’re resting though, don’t get silly — national health officials have been warning that large Labor Day gatherings are probably spreaders of COVID-19, which is still very much a thing! Dr. Fauci even mentioned Missouri as one of the states most at risk for major outbreaks. So if you’re going to celebrate with people today, maybe take some extra precautions, or be choosy about who you’re grilling with!
Regardless, enjoy your Labor Day, everyone! Sound off in the comments with your plans for the day. And remember — only 19 days until Mizzou Football is BACK, BABY!
This Weekend at Rock M
- “We Are Better Together” (Author’s Note: This piece is very good, you should check it out.)
- Recruiting momentum is real, but the challenge will be continuing it into 2021
- Sean Williams did his regular rundown of Mizzou recruits who played in their high school football games, and Gabe wrote about the return of college football after months of doubt. The latter story is available to all readers, while the first is subscriber only.
- This weekend, the Columbia Tribune zeroed in on all four Missouri QBs with an idea of (a) potentially handicapping the race for starter and (b) for fans to learn more about each player’s style and personality.
- In case you missed the wave of news this weekend, several former Mizzou players were cut, and some others found their names on 52-man rosters for the coming NFL season. The Missourian rounded up all the familiar names and compiled a list for you! How nice of them!
- Another day, another dynamic performance for Sophie Cunningham, who helped the playoff-bound Mercury to their sixth win in a row.
Former #Mizzou and Rock Bridge star @sophaller scored 10 points for Phoenix on Saturday. The Mercury have won six straight games, and they've already clinched a playoff spot. pic.twitter.com/o3UTisJzV3— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) September 6, 2020
Also, she’s a great member of the community! Be more like her!
Our next @StateFarm Community Assist Player Honoree is @sophaller. Sophie took time after practice to lead X-Factor members in some ball handling drills that they can try at home to improve their skills and stay fit at home! pic.twitter.com/ZfKsYUrLKC— Phoenix Mercury (x) (@PhoenixMercury) September 6, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)