So... anyone have fun plans this week?
The coming week in Mizzou sports is looking a bit... thin.
Of course, we didn’t get to see Mizzou take on LSU this past Saturday due to some COVID-19 problems within Cuonzo Martin’s program. That automatically put the two games scheduled for this week in jeopardy. On Sunday, official word came down that the Mizzou men won’t play until this coming Saturday at the very earliest.
The Tigers’ home game against Vanderbilt set for Tuesday has been postponed as a result of the positive COVID-19 cases, contact tracing and subsequent quarantining that also postponed Saturday’s home game against Louisiana State. MU must pause all team activities through Wednesday until people within the program can test out of quarantine per Southeastern Conference protocols.
That’s obviously a major bummer, not the least of which for whichever members of the program are currently fighting COVID off. But it also means a much longer period of rust which the team will have to shake off to get back to their sterling non-conference form.
And if you were planning to turn to the women’s team for some of your basketball jonesing, you don’t have that available anymore either.
It’s a bummer of a time to be a Mizzou fan — at least for this week.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Hey, we had Mizzou Football action yesterday! In the NFL that is. Trystan Colon-Castillo’s Baltimore Ravens dropped the Tennessee Titans 20-13, while Sheldon Richardson and Jordan Elliott combined for five tackles in the Browns’ surprising 48-37 win over the Steelers.
- If you’re a subscriber at PowerMizzou, now’s the time when you’d probably want to keep the site bookmarked. Nothing concrete on the search for a defensive coordinator dropped this weekend, though there has been some speculative work done by the staff at PM.
- Mizzou Hoops didn’t get a chance to redeem themselves after the loss to Mississippi State, but it seems as if poll voters are giving them a grace period. Seth Davis still has Mizzou in the Top 20 despite the ugly road meltdown.
1.Gonz— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) January 11, 2021
20.Ohio Sthttps://t.co/0LVnnZVZZM. Lou
- Congratulations to Brian Smith, who won his 300th match as Mizzou Wrestling’s head coach this weekend. The dude is a legend at Missouri and has shown no signs of slowing down this year.
- Happy (belated) birthday to David Gibbs, Mizzou Football’s secondary coach!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)