So that wasn’t much of a game, huh?
Is there anything else to say?
We started the season knowing college football was going to be weird, disjointed and uncomfortable. On Monday, the College Football Playoff delivered the game the season probably deserved, when Alabama proved how superior it was to literally everyone else by hanging 52 on Ohio State and outscoring the Buckeyes by four touchdowns. It was never close, despite what the early scoreboard said. What a snoozer.
But hey, at least we now have #confirmed #evidence that Mizzou is one of the two or three best teams in the country!
Remembering Mizzou somehow covered against Alabama pic.twitter.com/qiZTFiqoR9— Corey Miller (@corey_miller5) January 12, 2021
And Mizzou kept Bama to less than 40 points. Basically, a win. https://t.co/fkdEIUnewg— Max Reiss (@MaxReiss) January 12, 2021
Alabama did it behind the ungodly offense of new Hook ‘Em boss Steve Sarkisian, who unleashed the punishment of the cosmos on Ohio State via the divine punisher that is DeVonta Smith. The Heisman Trophy winner rolled to video game numbers in the first half of last night’s Championship game (is it really a Championship if no one watches and/or cares?), and many people are saying Mizzou is confirmed one of the country’s elite programs?
DeVonta Smith against #Mizzou: 8 catches, 89 yards— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) January 12, 2021
DeVonta Smith against No. 3 Ohio State in the first half: 12 catches, 215 yards, 3 TDs
Oh, also Najee Harris scored 3 total touchdowns and Mac Jones, who Roll Bama Roll didn’t even suspect would end the season as the starter, threw for almost 500 yards with an 82 percent completion rate.
See you next year, y’all. College football is a monopoly, and 2021 is the year when Mizzou finally takes over!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mizzou fell in both the AP and NET rankings, but the Tigers are still Top 25 by both measurements. The AP has Missouri at No. 17, while the NET ranks the Tigers at 25.
- Dave Matter continued his review of the 2020 Mizzou Football season by looking at the surprisingly effective, but woefully thin, defensive line.
- Eli Drinkwitz went on 101.1 ESPN in St. Louis to speak with the station’s morning show.
- Mitchell Forde wrote about the current state of SEC Hoops for all PowerMizzou readers, and subscribers got some updates on recruits in Mizzou’s cross hairs, as well as Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts.
- Mizzou Hoops is on a break, but they’re still out here ‘crootin...
Blessed to have received an offer from Missouri. ⚫️ pic.twitter.com/gTKg85VOaL— Braeden Moore (@braeden_moore_) January 11, 2021
Rivals rates Moore as a three-star small forward in the 2022 class.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)