Guess Who’s Back?
Back again. The Mizzou Basketball team is back, tell a friend.
As expected from previous reports, the Missouri Tigers returned to practice on Wednesday afternoon. And in even better news, there are no new positive COVID-19 tests, which makes Saturday’s game at Texas A&M look promising.
I have confirmed that the #Mizzou men's basketball team has no positive COVID-19 cases at this time. The team returned to practice today as they hoped to when the pause began and are currently on track to play at Texas A&M on Saturday.— Ben Arnet (@BenArnetKOMU) January 13, 2021
We’ll know more information about Mizzou’s situation later this afternoon as the team will speak to the media.
A #Mizzou spokesman tells me the men's basketball team returned to practice today after its COVID-19 hiatus. We'll get the chance to speak with the Tigers tomorrow afternoon ahead of their matchup at Texas A&M on Saturday.— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) January 13, 2021
After a long layoff of more than a week, on the road at Texas A&M is a pivotal game to return to, as the Tigers will look to avoid a 1-3 start to conference play. The Aggies are 7-4 overall and 2-3 in the SEC. Saturday’s game is set for noon on the SEC Network.
Other scores around the SEC on Wednesday night:
- Auburn 95, Georgia 77
- Arkansas 76, LSU 92
- Texas A&M 56, Mississippi State 55
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mizzou is loaded with slot receivers, writes Brandon Kiley
- From Aaron Dryden: There’s a different feel in the air in St. Louis area recruiting
- In the latest Position Reset, Mitchell Forde takes a look at the running backs
- ($$) Here’s the second edition of Gabe DeArmond’s 2021 Macadoodles Mailbag
- Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde bring you the latest episode of The 573 Report
- From Dave Matter: Can anyone unseat Alabama in 2021? Maybe another SEC foe (Plus, Mizzou comes in at No. 23 in Matter’s preseason poll!)
- SLU, Mizzou feeling the wait of their untimely COVID-19 shutdown, writes Jeff Gordon
- In the latest Mizzou in Review: Dave Matter writes that the secondary’s youth movement kicked off in 2020
- Missouri returns to basketball activities following COVID-19 issues, writes Joel Lorenzi
- A preview from Shannon Mia Belt, Missouri women face Ole Miss in a battle of triple threats
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- MU women to face Rebels after layoff, writes Eric Blum
- Big news concerning Mizzou Baseball this upcoming season:
BREAKING: @SEC athletic directors have approved a normal baseball season structure for this spring. No change to the conference schedule. ADs also voted to increase the #SEC travel roster from 27 to 30— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogers) January 13, 2021
- Mizzou’s road win over Wichita State earlier this season is starting to carry some weight
Wichita State beats Tulsa and moves to 4-1 in AAC, a half game back of first-place Houston. Heck of a job by Isaac Brown and his staff. Those dudes are playing hard for Brown.— CJ Moore (@CJMooreHoops) January 14, 2021
- In case if you missed it on The Big 550 KTRS, Mizzou Football Head Coach Eli Drinkwitz joined Brendan Wiese to discuss his debut season, the search for a new defensive coordinator, recruiting, and more.
- From Eric Bossi on 247Sports, Mizzou is mentioned in contention for 2022 five-star Bishop Miege forward Mark Mitchell
- Here’s a list of Mizzou Football’s early enrollees in the 2021 recruiting class
A handful of Mizzou football newcomers now listed in MU student directory: QB Tyler Macon, WR Dominic Lovett, TE Ryan Hoerstkamp, OL Connor Tollison, DB Daylan Carnell, DL Daniel Robledo, OL EJ Ndoma-Ogar— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) January 13, 2021
WR Mookie Cooper is moving to CoMo on Saturday.
Classes begin Jan. 19
- Travion Ford will be COMO bound on Saturday!
- From this report, former Mizzou quarterback James Franklin has signed a one-year contract extension to stay with the CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mizzou defensive end target Tyson Ford will make his college decision Monday at the Elite Football Academy in Chesterfield
2022 4-⭐️ defensive end Tyson Ford from John Burroughs will announce his verbal commitment next Monday afternoon at Elite Football Academy in Chesterfield. He recently announced a final four of Georgia, Missouri, Notre Dame and Oklahoma— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) January 13, 2021
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Women’s Basketball Heads to Ole Miss on Thursday
- According to Stockrisers’ Jake Weingarten, Mizzou is one of several schools that have reached out to former five-star and Texas Tech transfer Nimari Burnett
- Mizzou target CJ Gunn, a four-star shooting guard from Indianapolis will be making his college decision on February 7th
I’ll be announcing my commitment on February 7th‼️ #EscapetheOrdinary— CJ Gunn (@CJ_Gunn22) January 14, 2021
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)