Mizzou will finally play a home game after an extended road trip looking to get back in the win column. The Tigers will be looking to take advantage of a TCU team that has lost four in a row. Will the Tigers secure a win for the SEC in the Big12-SEC challenge? Or will TCU pull off the upset?
- The save by Kobe Brown with 4 minutes left on that ball going out of bounds sums up everything this guy means to this team. He flat out hustles and does everything that the box score can’t tell you.
- Career highs for both Tilmon and Pinson in the same game is unheard of.
- Pinson is in such a groove shooting that he could become unguardable if he keeps this up in SEC play.
- Although he struggled against Auburn, Pinson’s shooting against Tennessee and TCU has been off the charts. He can completely change the dynamic of the Tigers as a jump-shooting team singlehandedly.
- Missing those late FTs was so Mizzou, but what a comeback. A great, gritty, team win.
Second Half Notes
- The FT shooting is just abysmal, there are no words to explain why this team should be 5-10 early in the second from the line.
- It doesn’t seem like Mizzou’s defense has been that poor, but it seems like TCU can’t miss.
- TCU scored 51 points in their last game, tonight they eclipsed that total with 16 minutes left.
- This game has been very odd, because Mizzou isn’t turning it over and they are shooting well, yet they can’t seem to get the lead. Usually when those things go right for this team, they win, but not today.
- It seems like every time the momentum is about to switch to Mizzou, TCU has an answer.
- The Pinson 4-point play took the Tigers from completely out of it to full of life, and gave them a chance to survive embarrassment.
- Regardless of the outcome, if Mizzou can do anything remotely close to how they have shot this game, they will be next to impossible to stop.
- XAVIER PINSON, that is all I have to say.
- WHAT. A. COMEBACK. Finishing on an 18-7 run defied all expectations. If they come back to win this, it will say so much about the character of this team.
First Half Notes
- Early on it’s been very clear that Cuonzo’s gameplan for today is pretty straightforward, feed Tilly.
- When Tilmon ripped that ball from the TCU player under the basket that summarized how dominant he has been this game. He is absolutely unconscious.
- Despite how good Tilmon is playing, someone still needs to step up and be his sidekick because he can’t do it all himself.
- When Tilmon is off the floor, this team looks lost offensively.
- A secondary scorer needs to emerge or the Tigers could drop this game.
- As a team, Mizzou just needs to be better at making their FTs, and they need to shoot more of them.
Opponent: Horned Frogs (9-6)
Time: 1:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re No. 12
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -10
Where To Watch: ESPNU | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will the Tigers cover the spread?
- How many points will Jeremiah Tilmon have?
- Will the SEC or Big12 win today’s battle?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?