Mizzou will face a talented Mississippi State team as they search for back-to-back SEC victories following an embarrassing home opener against Tennessee. The Tigers will surely look to build on an impressive performance Saturday in an effort to stay at the top of the SEC standings. Will they get the job done in Starkville or will Tiger fans be left scratching their heads after another questionable loss?
Second Half Notes
- Mississippi State came out and made a statement early with a 15-0 run and how the Tigers respond is going to say a lot about this team.
- Pinson picked up his 3rd foul early in the second forcing Cuonzo to put him on the bench, and it looked like the offense took a serious hit.
- I think Mississippi State is trying to singlehandedly bring back the mid-range shot themselves.
- It seemed like the Bulldogs couldn’t miss for a point in time. They were absolutely lights out and started out 13-19 in the half.
- The Tigers usually rebound well, but they are getting absolutely dominated on the glass, and it’s reflecting in the score with 5 minutes to play.
- The Tigers came out of half so flat, their potent offense of the first was nowhere to be found. With 3:56 to play, they have 15 points, that’s worse than a point a minute.
- MISST outscored them 51-24 in the second half. Absolutely mind-blowing numbers.
First Half Notes
- It looks like Cuonzo is still making a deliberate effort to make sure Pinson and Tilly’s pick and roll gets a healthy usage. If the last game is any indication, it could be a real weapon to open up an offense that has been hit and miss this year.
- This looks like it could be one of those games that Pickett provides a huge spark off the bench like he did in Braggin Rights.
- This offense is making the extra pass almost every time. It’s leading to much better offense from the Tigers, and it looks like Cuonzo might have found something in this team.
- The defense has been spectacular this half. They’ve forced tons of tough shots and turnovers that have allowed them to get in transition and this just looks like the potential this team can reach.
- There was a chance to pull away, but to maintain a 12-point lead is still a great start to the game.
- The Tigers forced 8 turnovers and outscored MISST 15-2 on points off turnovers which was huge.
- A very solid half, it looks like the Tennessee game lit a fire under them.
Opponent: Bulldogs (6-4)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: Humphrey Coliseum, Starkville, Mississippi
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes. Ranked No. 13 this week.
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -1.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will the success of Pinson and Tilly’s pick and roll continue?
- Can Dru Smith stay out of foul trouble this game?
- If the Tigers win this game handily, will you be able to brush off the Tennessee loss as a fluke game after how well they played in Fayetteville?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?