Nothing to see here...
I recall seeing the first half, and then I’m guessing the game just ended early because I definitely blacked out the second half. Memory wiped clean. Weird.
Back before all the unpleasantness though, this was super nice. Sigh.
And so was this.
These Pinson dimes are getting ridiculous— Mark Kim (@MarkJKim_) January 6, 2021
Mizzou's offense is humming right now pic.twitter.com/LGWjtquAeY
Really, that first half was just... (chef’s kiss). But one half does not a game make, and we all know what happened in that second half. Rather than go down the dark path, because I’m not (and never going to be) in the ‘Mizzou Sucks’ and ‘Fire Cuonzo’ crowd, I’ll just let Sam dissect the game for y’all in Study Hall later this morning. Or read Matthew J Harris’ tweets as he pointed out what went wrong. With the loss, Missouri moved back to 49th in KenPom.
Mizzou has been on the KenPom yo-yo the last two weeks.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) January 6, 2021
Before W over Bradley: No. 34
After W over Bradley: No. 40
After L to Tennessee: No. 50
After W at Arkansas: No. 40
After L at Miss St: No. 49
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sam covered the recruiting news, with Drink picking up the commitment of Ohio State transfer, Mookie Cooper.
- Josh warned us in his preview— Mississippi State is better than they look.
- Matthew J Harris, resident basketball analyst extraordinaire, went SUPER in-depth on Mitchell Smith, looking at his defensive versatility.
- Kortay pulled double duty with a game thread and game story to wrap things up.
- COMING UP: Sam’s MS State Study Hall that will be very much a tale of two halves
- KC Star: Souichi Terada covered the new of Mizzou Football landing the services of Ohio State transfer and former 4-star recruit, Mookie Cooper.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Continuing his Year in Review, Matter examined the growing pains of the rebuilt receiving corps. He also covered the news of new Mizzou transfer commit, Mookie Cooper.
- Columbia Tribune: Eric Blum wrote about Mizzou landing Ohio State transfer, Mookie Cooper. He also graded the 2020 season.
- PowerMizzou: For everyone, you can read Mitchell Forde’s notes on the commitment of Mookie Cooper, and for subscribers, Sean Williams looked at 2022 WR target Jayden Gibson’s ties to Mizzou.
- Saturday Down South: Michael Wayne Bratton wrote about Missouri landing a commitment from Ohio State transfer, former top 100 prospect Mookie Cooper.
- Best of luck to all the Mizzou guys in the NFL as they get into the playoffs!
- Choose Your Own MSU Gamer (at your own risk): Souchi Terada (KC Star). Mitchell Forde (PowerMizzou). Dave Matter (St. Louis Post-Dispatch). Tyler Hollins (Columbia Missourian).
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: In the new Hochman 10, Ben went back to 1994, the last time Mizzou, Illinois and SLU were all ranked. Dave Matter previewed the Mississippi State match, calling it a tall task for the Tigers.
- PowerMizzou: Gabe shared the postgame presser video. Enjoy?
- Columbia Missourian: In his SEC Roundup, Joel Lorenzi wrote about how Tennessee has shown some vulnerabilities. Tyler Hollins previewed the game, saying rebounding and three pointers could be the difference.
- The Maneater: Mason Arneson went behind the scenes of Missouri men’s basketball road trips with COVID-19.
- Great news for the Robin Pingeton’s Tigers, as they get a prominent high school scorer next season!
Other Mizzou Sports
- The Maneater: Mason Arneson wrote about how Iowa cutting their swim program led to Brecken Merkel bringing her talents to Missouri.
- According to MUTigers.com, Marlese and Dale Loveall Scholarship Endowment was created after their generous $1 million donation. The endowment will provide scholarships to one Mizzou male and female student-athlete annually.
- Some fun stuff from Mizzou Baseball on the twitter:
- As Mizzou Volleyball gets set for the rest of their season, they’re ranked!
Various Sports News
- Benjamin Hochman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch called Indiana a fitting venue for for the NCAA tournament.
- In an opinion piece for USA Today, Dan Wolken wrote about COVID-19 wreaking havoc upon college football to the very end.
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate nks.**)