Luther Burden commitment bye week!
Happy bye week, y’all. I know it may seem confusing to call this “happy,” but let me explain — I’m actually a variant version of Josh who came back in time from a timeline in which Luther Burden commits to Mizzou! That makes this week very happy indeed.
Is this the timeline where that happens? I guess you’ll all have to find out for yourselves... but I can say that none of the 247 or Rivals “experts” have changed their predictions since Burden visited Athens over the weekend (two Georgia writers put in Bulldogs picks last Thursday, but they have all the reason in the world to feel supremely confident, don’t they?)
Anyway, feel free to relive this past week’s misfortunes by visiting any of the football-related links below!
- Ben Frederickson at the Post-Dispatch gave Eli Drinkwitz some kudos for “eating humble pie” in his post-game comments, while stressing the need to find growth and hope in recruiting. Dave Matter also broke down the snap counts and PFF grades, but do you really need to see those?
- Lila Bromberg was unforgiving in this week’s report KC Star card, withholding passing grades from each and every unit.
- Saturday Down South focused on Eli Drinkwitz’s post-game comments, noting Drink’s comments on the QB situation and expectations that were set from the 2020 season.
- SEC Stat Cat looked at Mizzou’s offensive “success” rates and found them to be quite offensive... if you catch my drift.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam sets the table for a big bye week, one where recruiting for the future will dominate the discourse
- In which Kortay breaks down the Tigers’ slow start, which doomed them against the talented Aggies
- It was a brutal end to Sophie Cunningham and the Phoenix Mercury’s title hopes, as they fell to the Chicago Sky in the decisive Game 4 of the WNBA finals. With less than 5 minutes remaining, the Mercury held a 4-point lead, but saw the Sky surge ahead to seal the championship. Still, the mayor had at least one moment to shine.
Big ups to Cunningham and the Mercury on their great season. And congrats to the Sky, even if they don’t have anyone I personally cheer for! (Editor’s Note: You cheer for Candace Parker. Obviously)
- Avert your eyes, hoops fans — KenPom’s first rankings for the 2022 season dropped yesterday and Mizzou is 96th... good for second to last in the SEC. Yikes! (You’ll need a subscription to access anything beyond the initial list).
- Nick Bolton anchored a Chiefs’ defense that had its best day in a while, leading the team with 9 total tackles, adding one tackle for loss.
- A big road win for Mizzou Volleyball, who traveled to Auburn and stole a 3-2 victory!
- Markus Golden continues to shine in his NFL years, causing a strip sack in Arizona’s afternoon game with the Browns.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)