Burden in, Maclin out.
With the addition of the five-star and No. 1 ranked wide receiver in Luther Burden, Mizzou’s already strong WR class gets well.....even better. With that being said, there’s bound to be some transfer activity here and there. That’s just the nature of College Football.
Unfortunately, it just happens to be a player from the St. Louis area. Jeremy Maclin’s cousin, Ja’Mori Maclin from Kirkwood High School announced on Wednesday morning that he entered the transfer portal.
Here’s a couple of statements from Maclin himself:
Me leaving has nothing to do with other players coming in. I love to compete!— Ja’Mori Maclin (@jaymaclin2x) October 20, 2021
And, he’s already been offered by North Texas:
We wish Maclin the best and will be rooting for him wherever he lands.
And in NBA action, Michael Porter Jr. and Jordan Clarkson both made their season debuts on Wednesday night.
For Utah, the reigning NBA Sixth Man of the Year did Sixth Man of the Year things as Jordan Clarkson scored 18 points off the bench in 26 minutes and was a +4 on the floor in the Jazz’s 107-86 win over the Thunder. JC was 6-11 on FG, including 2-6 from behind the arc. He also had a rebound and an assist.
On ESPN, Michael Porter Jr. was in Denver’s starting lineup and contributed for 15 points, six rebounds, and five assists in 33 minutes and was a +24 on the floor in the Nuggets’ 110-98 win over the Suns. Mike was on fire offensively, shooting 6-10 from the floor, including 2-3 from three. He also had 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals.
Not a bad night to start the season for some former Tigers.
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate Edwards put out a list of Good Defensive Coordinators (for no reason at all)
- The Texas A&M Aggies come in at No. 12 in Sam Snelling’s SEC Basketball Preview
- Nate Edwards and Kortay Vincent have the Wednesday Watch Grid: Game Times and Betting Lines for Week 8
- Mizzou’s Maclin enters NCAA transfer portal, writes Dave Matter
- In his Benjamin Hochman’s latest ‘Ten Hochman”: ‘Touchdown Luther’ Burden’s choice of Mizzou invigorates a fan base across the state
- Drinkwitz: Mizzou needs more local talent to build program, writes Dave Matter
- On the latest Eye on the Tigers podcast with Dave Matter and Ben Frederickson, they say that Luther Burden’s pledge can flip Mizzou’s fortunes
- From Dave Matter: Burden could give Mizzou instant jolt in 2022
- From Lila Bromberg: ‘I want to be the first’: Why five-star recruit Luther Burden picked Missouri Tigers,
- Anthony Kristensen has a feature on Mizzou soccer’s Julissa Cisneros, who represents dual nationality for US and Mexico
- MU wide receiver Maclin enters NCAA transfer portal, writes Emily Leiker
- On the edge: MU soccer close to elimination ahead of Ole Miss match, writes Anthony Kristensen
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- ($$) From Eric Blum on Tiger Extra, Burden’s parents on their ‘True Son’ growing into a Mizzou football player
- Don’t believe in Eli Drinkwitz? Luther Burden’s commitment was his biggest win yet, writes Chris Kwiecinski
- The Sam Horn to Luther Burden connection is going to be lethal!
- East St. Louis’ Head Football Coach Darren Sunkett joined Brendan Wiese on The Big 550 KTRS following Luther Burden’s commitment. Give it a listen!
- On the latest Inside Mizzou Athletics Podcast, Cuonzo Martin joined Brad Trenago and Matt Michaels to preview his new look team and discuss the upcoming season!
On this Inside @MizzouAthletics Podcast, @CuonzoMartin previews his @MizzouHoops team (and some new looks on the floor), talks about a stretch that will test his squad, & shares whether he's bound for #DWTS anytime soon.— Mizzou Radio (@MizzouRadio) October 20, 2021
Enjoy & subscribe, #Mizzou fans:https://t.co/sjftpsBsak
- Just out of curiosity, I ran a Twitter poll....still time to vote on it!
Luther Burden was your favorite #Mizzou commitment decision moment since? (Reply with any others)— Sammy Stava (@StavaonSTL) October 20, 2021
- Brandon Kiley gives us a recruiting update from 101ESPN’s Karraker and Smallmon show. And you can listen to the full segment here.
- More from Brandon Kiley about Luther Burden on his show 101ESPN’s BK and Ferrario
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)