Cuonzo Martin opens up on preseason scrimmages
In case you hadn’t noticed by perusing the internet, but we’re still a little cash poor on Mizzou Football content. Even Luther Burden can only keep the content mill churning for so long.
We do, however, have quite a bit of hoops content after Cuonzo Martin spoke to the media, including Rock M’s own Kortay Vincent, ahead of the season opener here in a few short weeks. Martin answered a number of questions, including about the scrimmages the team had against Oklahoma State and Creighton and how the new guys will integrate into the system.
“Starting out against Oklahoma State, it was slow for us because I mean, Oklahoma State pretty much has all their guys returning. Physical presences, get after you shot blockers, guys getting in the passing lanes… I thought it was beautiful, just to go inside, especially the first five or 10 minutes, to go against that so our guys can see what that feels like— especially younger guys,” Martin said about the benefit the scrimmages had for his team.
There was also some talk about Kobe Brown playing point? I don’t know about all that...
Here’s the rest of the Mizzou Hoops content from yesterday.
- Lila Bromberg asked five questions ahead of the 2021-2022 season for Mizzou Hoops, including which players will change roles and how the style of play could look different than years past.
- Mitchell Smith out here putting men on posters
- Happy (belated) birthday, Yaya Keita! Looking forward to seeing you on the hardwood!
- Don’t think we forgot Robin Pingeton’s Tigers! Max Baker wrote about Pingeton’s team, which is looking for a turnaround season after a few consecutive disappointments in the wake of the Sophie Cunningham era
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which I made a case that Eli Drinkwitz, Bush Hamdan and Sam Horn all cashed in Ws during Mizzou’s bye week
- In which Aaron compared Mizzou to the Chiefs, looking at how defensive struggles have put talented offenses behind the eight-ball
- In which the SEC continues to dominate the AP Top 25
- In which Sam continues his SEC Hoops previews with Kermit Davis’ Ole Miss Rebels
- In which Cuonzo Martin spoke with the media about the upcoming season
- Nick Bolton is having himself quite a rookie year, even as the Chiefs struggle to find their footing
Nick Bolton's performance was a bright spot on Sunday. He tallied 15 tackles and four tackles-for-loss.— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) October 25, 2021
It should be noted that Bolton leads the entire league (not just rookies!) in tackles for loss
- Of course, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the other former Mizzou defensive great now patrolling the field in Arizona...
.@markusgolden is the only player in the NFL this season with at least 6.0 sacks and four forced fumbles.— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) October 25, 2021
He also leads the team in sacks, forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries this season. pic.twitter.com/MaiLkSXT6p
- The transfer portal strikes again! Redshirt sophomore Jamie Pettway is leaving the Tigers program after seeing game time throughout the season.
- Larissa Anderson is flaunting the glassware that her players earned over the past year, and I can’t say I blame her for showing off the brand.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)