Mizzou 48 - North Texas 35
Fourth Quarter Notes
- Mekhi Wingo!
- This game keeps confusing me because I keep thinking Mizzou is underwhelming but they continue to find ways to recover.
- There’s been way too many North Texas receivers wide open today.
- It seemed like the first half was progress for the Tigers, but in the second half I feel like they have erased a lot of it.
- Yea, the defense from the first is almost entirely gone. Just too much busted coverage.
- Also, Mizzou might not cover all year.
- UNT has more total yards than Mizzou...
- DAWSON DOWNING. The Secret Weapon.
- A win is a win for this team, but it seems like every week this team continues to leave more on the table.
Third Quarter Notes
- The defense was looking suspect on that drive, but the fumble bailed them out. Neverthless, KAD continues to make plays.
- That TD pass for UNT looked like a complete breakdown in coverage. Martez got the worst of it though with that spin move.
- Jeffcoat getting a sack was a sight for sore eyes. If he can get back to his old ways that would do wonders for this defense.
- The offense looks completely stagnant right now.
- There’s been a lot more ups and downs defensively this quarter, but when push has come to shove, they’ve delivered. In past weeks, that would’nt have been the case.
- Badie is so good, it’s a shame that he doesn't get more national attention.
Second Quarter Notes
- Well after a couple of really good defensive drives, that one to open the second quarter looked awfully familiar.
- This number 11 guy for North Texas was very confident in having the snap count.
- JJ Hester finding the endzone on a deep ball, and let me tell you, he did that a lot in high school so it might be something we should get used to seeing.
- Bye, Bye Badie. There goes that man again. This year is going to earn that man a lot of money in the NFL
- The run defense has actually been above average today. Some might say it’s North Texas, but SEMO and CMU still ran all over Mizzou so it’s a step in the right direction.
- Mookie was really looking like he was finding his role today, but that injury has to be worrisome. Hopefully, he’s able to come back.
- Starting to think Harrison Mevis will never miss another FG
- It seems like there’s little to no thought from North Texas about passing the ball even though they are trailing and frequently in passing situations.
- That Chance Luper drop was interesting, to say the least.
- Badie has 173 yards rushing at halftime. AT HALFTIME.
First Quarter Notes
- That first drive looked there was zero motivation from the offense
- Bailey is getting the start over Alldredge.
- That play by KAD was incredible. He’s really proving to be one of the few bright spots on this team.
- After scoring the offense can’t get satisfied this needs to be a game Mizzou wins by 40 and dominates on both sides of the ball if they want to change the trajectory of this season.
- I don’t know if it’s because of North Texas or what, but the D-line looks better today. We will have to see if it will hold up.
- Tyler Badie is really good. Like really really good.
- Mookie does look a step quicker today, but that might just be me.
- Despite scoring a couple of early TDs, it hasn’t felt like this has been easy for the Mizzou offense.
Wyoming transfer LB Chuck Hicks, who found out yesterday he is eligible to play this season, is not dressed today for #Mizzou.— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) October 9, 2021
OL Case Cook and DB Mason Pack both in uniform and warming up for @Mizzou. Both were listed as questionable this week. WR Mookie Cooper and TE Niko Hea also going through warmups after missing the game last week.— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) October 9, 2021
#Mizzou injury report for this week's game against North Texas:— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) October 7, 2021
Questionable — OL Case Cook, DB Mason Pack
Out — DL Realus George, DL Darius Robinson, CB Ennis Rakestraw
Columbia tmr— luther (@lutherburden3) October 9, 2021
TIME: 3:00 PM CT
DATE: Saturday, October 9, 2021
LOCATION: Faurot Field, Columbia, Missouri
Missouri-North Texas football: Follow the game, TV Channel
STREAM: Watch ESPN
STATBROADCAST: Mizzou vs North Texas
Looking for FuboTV? Try our signup link: FUBOTV