The Missouri Tigers are one win away from bowl eligibility with two games remaining in the regular season. They could get a bowl invite even with a record of 5-7 as there might not be enough 6-6 teams — but, you’d rather have them earn it at six wins.
With one more win to lock it up, let’s take a look at some of the latest bowl projections from the media and where they have the Tigers:
- Jerry Palm from CBS Sports has Missouri in the Birmingham Bowl against Eastern Michigan on December 28th (yeah… thanks but no thanks, they’ve already played a MAC team from Michigan earlier this season).
- ($$) On ESPN, Kyle Bonagura has Mizzou in the Gasparilla Bowl against Drinkwitz’s former team Appalachian State on December 23rd (yeah, that’d be fun), and Mark Schlabach has them in the Liberty Bowl on December 28th against Kansas State (don’t those two teams play in Week 2 of next season?)
- Saturday Down South has Missouri in the Birmingham Bowl against North Carolina
- Bowl Season has Missouri in the Texas Bowl against Baylor....on January 4th.
- And Athlon Sports has Missouri in the Liberty Bowl against West Virginia
You know who deserves to play in a bowl game? Tyler Badie.
On Wednesday, the senior running back was named a semifinalist for the Doak Walker Award, given to the nation’s top running back.
Badie is one of 10 semifinalists up for the award, and the only running back from the SEC. Read more here on MUTigers.com!
And what’s this? A Mizzou team that knows how to beat an in-state school? (Sorry, I had to).
But Mizzou Women’s Basketball is off to a 3-0 start with a 69-53 win over SLU with a team-high 17 points from Izzy Higginbottom. The Tigers return to action on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 p.m. CST against Idaho State on SEC Network Plus.
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- In his latest Recruiting Reset: Brandon Kiley writes that Ja’Vien Gill adds depth to Missouri’s defensive line
- Nate Edwards has the preview of the Florida Gators
- In Lauren Rosenberg’s women’s basketball preview: Mizzou prepares for first road test against in state rivals, Saint Louis University
- PODCAST: Ooooooooooooooooooooof. That was all bad, with Sam Snelling and Matthew Harris (yeah).
- Mizzou prepares for first road test against in state rivals / Live Game Thread, from Lauren Rosenberg
- Dave Matter has a Mizzou Basketball preview of tonight’s match up against Northern Illinois
- Third-ranked Missouri wrestling keeps looking for improvement, writes Joe Lyons
- From Dave Matter: Mullen’s future uncertain as shaky Gators visit Mizzou
- “Trench Mob”: How Mizzou assistant Al Davis has turned around the Tigers’ run defense, writes Lila Bromberg
- From Lila Bromberg: Missouri Tigers’ Tyler Badie makes cut for prestigious college football award
- On the latest SportsBeat KC with Blair Kerkhoff and Lila Bromberg: After some October swoon, Mizzou trending in right direction
- From Lila Bromberg: Four-star Blue Valley forward Aidan Shaw shares why he chose Mizzou, goals for season
- Mizzou Tigers haven’t named a starting QB. Lila Bromberg breaks down how Connor Bazelak, Brady Cook feel
- Former Mizzou Tiger Kim English is 4-0 as head coach after George Mason beats Maryland, writes Lila Bromberg
- From Emily Leiker: Badie named a Doak Walker semifinalist, only SEC player to make list
- Northern Illinois poses threat to give Missouri second straight loss, writes Matt Brolley
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Missouri’s bowl scenarios improve after fifth victory, writes Eric Blum
- What a start to the Kim English era at George Mason. In his first year as a head coach, he’s led GMU to a 4-0 record with a road upset victory over a Top 25 Maryland team.
- Congrats to Akayleb Evans on officially heading to the Reese’s Senior Bowl!
OFFICIAL! DB Akayleb Evans (@akaylebevans) from @MizzouFootball is heading to the @Reeses Senior Bowl!!! #MIZ #TheDraftStartsInMOBILE @JimNagy_SB @PaniniAmerica #RatedRookie pic.twitter.com/pfJI27brry— Reese's Senior Bowl (@seniorbowl) November 17, 2021
- On the latest Inside Mizzou Athletics Podcast with Matt Michaels and Brad Trenago, the great Sophie Cunningham joined the show as a special guest. Give it a listen!
- Rest In Peace to Mizzou Football coaching legend Warren Powers
Today's funeral mass for former Mizzou Football Head Coach, Warren Powers....February 19, 1941 - November 2, 2021. I had the high honor and privilege to deliver his eulogy, which begins approx at the 53:30 mark in this recording of the mass: https://t.co/mS2lumb6r1 via @YouTube— Howard Richards (@how_rich) November 18, 2021
- Back at it.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)