Let’s forget football, if just for today
There will be plenty of time to discuss (and hopefully blissfully forget) the punishment coming Mizzou’s way on Saturday. So for today, let’s celebrate the fact that we’re officially ONE WEEK OUT FROM MIZZOU HOOPS BEING BACK IN FULL SWING!
Here are a few hoops related tips for you right off the jump to get you prepared for our coverage.
- In case you missed it, we have a new writer on staff
Thanks to the folks over at @RockMNation for extending an invite to contribute some words, numbers and mostly intelligible phrases on Mizzou Hoops in the coming months. If you're interested, grab a seat, "it don't cost nuthin."— Mizzou Basketball Analysis (@DataMizzou) November 1, 2021
Our new hoops writer debuted yesterday in the combo guard preview and is already hard at work on his first solo feature. Buckle up because our hoops coverage is going to be stupid good.
- Robin Pingeton’s team has already had some fan-facing exhibitions and is now less than 10 days away from the beginning of their season!
If you haven’t already, give staff contributor Lauren Rosenberg a follow on Twitter. They’ll be covering the Tigers this season as they look to bounce back to winning ways.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Aaron breaks down the play that sealed Mizzou’s victory in Nashville
- In which we name 2⁄3 of an obvious MV3, along with another worthy ballot nominee
- In which we preview Mizzou Hoops’ thin set of combo guards
- In which Mizzou is still playing the No. 1 team in the country this week, but why would you forget?
- In which Sam reminds us that Tennessee is pretty good at basketball, like they are pretty much every year at this point
- In which Nate and BK wax poetic about the great Tyler Badie
- After helping Mizzou climb back to .500, Mizzou’s two stars of the week were duly rewarded by the SEC.
To highlight the historic season Badie is having, the athletic department also did a little write up on the numbers he’s posting. Spoiler: They’re pretty good!
- WE’RE TOP 5, BABY!
@nwcawrestling Coaches Poll— NCAA Wrestling (@NCAAWrestling) November 1, 2021
2. Penn State
5. NC State
6. Virginia Tech
7. Oklahoma State
8. Arizona State
10. Ohio State
I didn’t need to clarify that I was talking about wrestling, right? It literally says it in our bio: “Softball & Wrestling school.”
- Per usual, Dave Matter tracked the snaps and the PFF scores for Mizzou’s game against Vanderbilt, highlighting how injuries affected the Tigers’ depth.
- Lila Bromberg named five things to watch ahead of Mizzou vs. Georgia, which begs the question of how did she get to five?!
Week 9⃣ Stars of the Week are here!— Lou Groza Award (@LouGrozaAward) November 1, 2021
⭐️ @MizzouFootball's @kickerhmevis6
⭐️ @UMichFootball's @jmoods13
⭐️ @ODUFootball's @Nick13Rice
⭐️ @OhioStateFB's @noahruggles
Vote for your favorite Star here: https://t.co/apmKdraYHI pic.twitter.com/4s1L2zxKxM
Like, how is it a competition at this point? The Mevis machine stops for no one!
- Mizzou is playing Georgia (again, why would you consider watching that?!) at 11 am this week, but they’re getting a later kickoff the following week against South Carolina.
- Robby Campbell at the Missourian highlighted Mizzou’s eSports competitions in an article, while Anthony Kristensen handed out some superlatives for Mizzou Soccer.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)