Mizzou 24 | Florida 23
First Quarter Notes
- Missouri defers toss to Florida offense.
- Florida picks up a coupled first downs with relative ease, but the Tiger defense was fortunate in the end. Emory Jones dropped a read option, forcing UF to opt for a field goal.
- Tauskie Dove with a great diving catch on third and long for Mizzou. Dove has really come alive late in this season.
- Bazelak sacked to end the drive, solid downfield coverage was the cause.
- Grant McKinnis’ punt pins the Gators at the 1-yard line after a great bounce.
- Tiger defense forces Gators to go 3-and-out after nearly securing a safety on two plays.
- Florida then shanked a punt, setting Mizzou up at the 18 for a 12-yard punt. Tigers proceed to go backwards, and Mevis hits a 4-yarder to tie the game.
Second Quarter Notes
- Missouri defense stands tall once Florida enters their territory. Tigers get the ball back on their own 12.
- A pass interference call sets up Florida in the red zone, but Mizzou again makes a stand by forcing a field goal.
- A big Connor Bazelak completion and some nice Badie running put Mizzou in striking distance. However, major pressure on Bazelak forces another Mevis field goal, this time from 46.
- Florida goes 3-and-out, and Mizzou responds by driving right down the field, aided by some penalties. The Tigers would get another field goal, courtesy of the Thicker Kicker.
- Trajan Jeffcoat gets a pivotal sack on Florida’s final drive to close out the half.
Third Quarter Notes
- Missouri fails to get a first down on their half-opening drive. Florida responds with a 3-play drive for a touchdown to take a 13-9 lead.
- Florida picks up yet another sack to force a punt from Mizzou. Pressure on Bazelak has really not made it easier an already banged up QB.
- Tyler Badie gets yanked down on a third and one deep in Mizzou territory. Field position will continue to be in Florida’s favor.
- Missouri’s defense bend but didn't break, forcing Florida to punt from the Mizzou 41.
- Jeffcoat with another tackle for loss, continuing a stellar day.
- Tyler Badie with two first-down runs to end the 3rd quarter.
Fourth Quarter Notes
- Tyler Badie doing what he typically does, taking over in the 4th quarter.
- Bazelak finds a streaking Niko Hea for a wheel-route that goes for 41 yards and gives Mizzou a a 16-13 lead late in the game.
- Florida drives down the field and ties the game at 16.
- Drinkwitz got aggressive on the next drive, going for it on 4th and 1 in their own territory.
- Mizzou starts the next possession with a sack, forcing Florida to eventually punt it with over 4 minutes left.
- Tigers will get the ball around midfield for a potentially game-winning drive. A pass interference call on third down put the Tigers in scoring position.
- Mizzou set up Mevis for the go-ahead kick, but he missed it from 46. A rare miss for Mevis, leaving 1:04 on the clock for Florida.
- Overtime begins. Florida scores a touchdown off of the “Philly Special” on their first drive.
- Tyler Badie runs for the first down on the first play for the offense, then scores on the next play. Drinkwitz opted to go for two and the win, and a throwback screen to Daniel Parker Jr. won the game for the Tigers.
#Mizzou will honor 23 seniors prior to today's game against Florida. Players not being honored: TE Kibet Chepyator, DB Akayleb Evans, K Sean Koetting, OL Zeke Powell, OL Hyrin White. Eli Drinkwitz said this week players who aren't honored have decided to come back next season— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) November 20, 2021
Also, per Drinkwitz via pregame radio show sounds like Hyrin White is unavailable at RT. Mizzou going with Luke Griffin at RG, Connor Wood at RT, Xavier Delgado at LG— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 20, 2021
Eli Drinkwitz told Chris Gervino on the Missouri pregame show that Connor Bazelak will start at quarterback today against Florida— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 20, 2021
TIME: 3:00 CT
DATE: Saturday, November 20, 2021
LOCATION: Faurot Field, Columbia, Missouri
Missouri-Florida football: Follow the game, TV Channel
STREAM: Watch ESPN
STATBROADCAST: Mizzou vs South Carolina
Looking for FuboTV? Try our signup link: FUBOTV