It was a busy sports weekend for Mizzou Athletics.
And it was the absolute perfect weekend!
Starting with Mizzou Wrestling on Friday night, Tiger Style improved to 3-0 on the season with a 39-3 win over Air Force.
And Saturday was so much fun, because Mizzou Football is officially BOWL ELIGIBLE! Thanks to the 2-point conversion in OT for the WIN! If you happened to miss it, here the highlight with the call by Mike Kelly!
As called on Missouri Tigers radio: pic.twitter.com/Nz0jP5IToL— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) November 21, 2021
Things got even better yesterday.
Mizzou Football got their 2023 recruiting class off to a good start with a commitment from four-star tight end Brett Norfleet out of Francis Howell, who is also committed to the baseball team! Nate Edwards has more on the Mizzou commit here.
I am excited to announce I will be staying H ME to further my academic and athletic career playing football and baseball at the University of Missouri.— brett_norfleet88 (@brettnorfleet5) November 21, 2021
To my coaches, past and present, THANK YOU. To my family, I LOVE YOU. To my new Mizzou family, LET'S GO‼️#ZOU23 pic.twitter.com/EJT4EIGDuS
Mizzou Women’s Basketball improved to 4-0 on the season with a dominating 75-47 win over Idaho State. Izzy Higginbottom had a team-high 18 points.
With the impressive start from Pingeton’s club, it might be worth seeing if they get some receiving votes in the next AP Top 25 poll.
And Mizzou Basketball ended the perfect weekend with a win in the Jacksonville Classic in overtime over SMU 80-75. What an incredible second half comeback, and it’s a victory over a potential NCAA Tournament team on a neutral floor (SMU was picked to finish 3rd in the AAC). Not bad.
A thriller tonight in Jacksonville.— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) November 22, 2021
We'll see you tomorrow in the championship game. pic.twitter.com/AKjqSNOIRa
Kobe Brown led the team with a career-high 24 points and the Tigers improved to 3-1 on the season. They’re back in action TONIGHT in the championship game against Florida State around 7:30 on CBS Sports Network.
Cuonzo LOVES it.
Street fight tonight in Jacksonville against a tough SMU team. Both teams showed a tremendous amount of grit.— Cuonzo Martin (@CuonzoMartin) November 22, 2021
Down the stretch we got stronger & we became one! Still room for improvement and growth with our group. Together!
Plenty more coverage to come on Mizzou’s win as well as an FSU preview.
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- From Sam Snelling’s Sunday Morning Pourover: The defense is...good?
- WBB Preview from Lauren Rosenberg: Missouri returns home for a chance to go 4-0
- Josh Matejka had the Mizzou Hoops Preview of SMU
- What to make of this team after the ultimate roller coaster ride, writes Parker Gillam
- Nate Edwards has the coverage on Brett Norfleet’s commitment: Local Blue-Chip Tight End Kicks Off Missouri’s 2023 Recruiting Class
- SEC vs The Spread, Week 13 — From Nate Edwards
- MBB Game Thread: Mizzou vs SMU, from Kortay Vincent
- Game Story from Kortay Vincent: Brown, DeGray, Gordon lead Tigers in comeback victory
- From Ben Frederickson: Brighter than a lightsaber, Drinkwitz’s Tigers show toughness in bowl-securing OT win against Florida
- Mizzou lands pledge from four-star Francis Howell standout Brett Norfleet, writes Dave Matter
- Luther Burden coverage from David Kvidahl: Burden returns two punts for TDs to spark East St. Louis into Class 6A title game
- From Max Baker: Defense finally is stiffening for Mizzou
- Game story from Dave Matter: Brown’s big night carries Mizzou past SMU in OT
- Lila Bromberg hands out some grades from Mizzou’s win over Florida, and looks ahead to Arkansas
- Game story from Lila Bromberg: Missouri Tigers’ men’s basketball storms back in second half and beats SMU in overtime
- On the outskirts: International athletes can’t capitalize on new NIL opportunities, writes Shannon Mia Belt
- Nate Marcus on Mizzou women’s basketball coverage: Missouri’s bench shines in another convincing win
- Defense leads to offense in Tigers’ win over Idaho State, writes Shannon Mia Belt
- From Matt Brolley: MU rallies late to force OT, goes on to top SMU in Jacksonville Classic
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Chris Kwiecinski gives out grades after Mizzou football’s win over Florida
- After the loss to Mizzou, Florida has fired head coach Dan Mullen (you really hate to see it)
Dan Mullen is out as Florida’s head football coach, sources tell ESPN. The Gators have lost five straight to Power 5 opponents.— Chris Low (@ClowESPN) November 21, 2021
- Incredible stat from Dave Matter
SEC coaches fired immediately following losses to Mizzou:— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 21, 2021
Dan Mullen, 2021
Derek Mason, 2020
Bret Bielema, 2017
Butch Jones, 2017
Derek Dooley (2012) & Joker Phillips (2012) were fired one week after losing to Missouri.
- UPDATED BOWL PROJECTIONS FOR MIZZOU:
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)