Transfer Portal SZN 2: Electric Boogaloo
The rest of the college football world is losing its mind and trading coaches, but the next portion of the offseason — the transfer portion — is already upon as at Mizzou. Just three days after the Black Friday loss to Arkansas, Mizzou lost four players to the transfer portal, including senior and fan favorite Daniel Parker, Jr. Here’s the announcement for each.
We’ll have a running post documenting these announcements (including those coming to Missouri!) published on our home page. Check back periodically to see if you missed anything!
Somewhat cryptically, defensive lineman Realus George offered up his own take on college transfers which I’m sure echoes the sentiments of many fans of schools like Missouri.
Stop signing/committing to colleges for the NAME and not the FIT!!!!— Realus (@RealusGeorgeJr) November 29, 2021
Even though Mizzou is losing (at least) four players from the roster, incoming transfers should feel confident that Mizzou can help develop them into impact SEC players. If you need proof, check Pro Football Focus.
Are we #OLineU now? No? OK, I’ll stop talking.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Aaron looks at the explosive plays of last week’s Battle Line loss and how they doomed Missouri
- In which we preview Paul Quinn College before the Tigers’ meeting with them
- In which Sammy examines the final AP Top 25 of the regular season
- In which BK and Nate gush about Tyler Badie one last time (oh great, now I’m crying)
- In which we start logging the flood of transfers sure to come in and out of Missouri
- In which Kortay recapped the Men’s Hoops win
- Mizzou is back in the win column after sailing to a 91-59 win over Paul Quinn College. Kobe Brown pulled down 23 rebounds, and four different Tigers scored in double figures.
- In case you hadn’t heard, Max Scherzer is much, much richer than he was at this time yesterday. Who wants to send the email asking for a new baseball field?
- The bad news is confirmed: Michael Porter Jr. needs another back surgery, likely putting his season in jeopardy. It’s a brutal blow for MPJ a few months after signing a massive contract with the Nuggets. Here’s to hoping that full recovery goes smoothly.
- Bowl projections, we love ‘em! Brett McMurphy at the Action Network has Missouri headed to the Liberty Bowl to take on Texas Tech, Sports Illustrated also has the Tigers in the Liberty Bowl only against West Virginia, Jerry Palm has Mizzou taking on Eastern Michigan in the QuickLane Bowl, and Saturday Down South predicts the First Responder Bowl against Tulsa.
- It won’t surprise you to learn that Tyler Badie graded out well in Mizzou’s season finale according to PFF.
- Kris Abrams-Draine took some time to flex on Twitter yesterday, which is 100 percent reasonable considering the season he had
- Cash-ius Robertson out here doing $$$ things for Team Canada.
- SEC Media Days for softball are starting today, and Larissa Anderson is going to be a guest on the Out of the Box podcast. Bookmark it for your podcast listening free time!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)