Missouri 6 | Georgia 43
2:33 | 4Q
First Quarter Notes
- Mizzou picks up a first down on their opening drive but goes backwards on their next three plays, thus they are forced to punt.
- Trajan Jeffcoat lived in the backfield on Georgia’s possession, as the Bulldogs replicate Mizzou’s drive with a first down then punt.
- “Boo” Smith with a solid return to set the Tigers up in Georgia territory.
- Tyler Macon took a QB draw deep into Georgia territory, and the youngster looks really comfortable thanks to a solid scheme drawn up by Drinkwitz. Harrison Mevis caps off a solid drive with his 20th straight made field goal.
- Missouri’s defense fought hard and forced a 4th down, but Stetson Bennett threw a great pass into the corner of the end zone to give Georgia the lead.
- Brady Cook steps in for Macon to end the 1st quarter.
- Tiger defense looked the best they have this season in stopping the run, and Macon seemed to bring this offense a spark with his legs. Remains to be seen if Cook can do something similar.
Second Quarter Notes
- A safety to open the second quarter was not ideal for the Tigers, and Georgia gets solid field position as a result.
- Stetson Bennett yet again throws a bomb for a near-touchdown, as Jermaine Burton won a jump ball over Kris Abrams-Draine. Zamir White would punch it in behind the monstrous Jordan Davis who came in on offense to block.
- Mizzou mounted a drive behind the run game, but were stopped on 4th down in Georgia territory.
- Georgia responded by getting all the way to the 1-yard line, but the Tiger defense stood tall and forced a field goal.
- Brady Cook subbed back in but goes 3-and-out.
- Trajan Jeffcoat goes down in obvious pain, gingerly walks off the field.
- Stetson Bennett runs a successful 2-minute drill, and James Cook punches in another 1-yard touchdown.
- Overall, a lot of good from this half. The Mizzou run defense is playing as well as it has all season, and Macon’s legs have added a whole new dynamic to the offense. The talent disparity shows in some of those jump balls that are won, but otherwise the Tigers have made it respectable.
Third Quarter Notes
- Burton finally got his touchdown to open the second half after being called down at the 1-yard line on two separate occasions.
- Brady Cook led a solid drive in one of his series, but all good things must come to an end. Harrison Mevis missed his first field goal of the season from 48-yards out.
Fourth Quarter Notes
- Cook continued to show great promise in leading another successful drive, and Mevis redeemed himself by knocking home a 42-yarder.
- Macon then led a drive in response all the way to Georgia’s 1-yard line, but the Dawgs kept their touchdown-less pride alive and stuffed them on 4th down.
Mizzou WR Mookie Cooper back in uniform and going through pregame— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 6, 2021
Source: Tyler Macon will start at quarterback for Missouri today at Georgia. He and Brady Cook will both play.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) November 6, 2021
Time: 11:00 CST
Date: November 6th, 2021
Location: Samford Stadium, Athens, GA
Missouri-Georgia football: Follow the game, TV Channel
STREAM: Watch ESPN
Looking for FuboTV? Try our signup link: FUBOTV