Badie Wins, Mizzou Football Wins, We All Win
It has become abundantly clear to me that Tyler Badie was on a quest this season to win ALL the All-American honors. Like, every single one. While he hasn’t made the first team in many of them and has been left off of The Action Network, FWAA, and The Athletic’s lists (#disrespect), he was selected to be on the following All-American lists: The Associated Press, Pro Football Focus, The Sporting News, Walter Camp Foundation, and CBS/247 Sports. Am I missing any?
On Thursday, he added CoSIDA Academic All-America honors. This one should come as no surprise to anyone, as we have already heard about Badie’s academic acumen. In case you forgot, he’s already graduated with a degree in sports management and a GPA of 3.83, and he’s currently pursuing a master’s in athletic administration and positive coaching (AKA: Karen’s dream degree)
Great at everything he does @showtimeshine5 is a First Team Academic All-American #MIZ pic.twitter.com/YoyHpL9PkP— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) December 16, 2021
After an AMAZING National Signing Day, Mizzou Football’s good fortune continued, as starting defensive lineman Trajan Jeffcoat announced via Twitter his intention to remain at Mizzou for his redshirt senior season. You really love to see it.
December 16, 2021
Oh, and one more thing. Chris Kwiecinski of the Columbia Tribune looked at what kind of swag the team will be getting as part of the Armed Forces Bowl. Besides a beanie (or toboggan, depending upon where you’re from), a Google Chromecast, a commemorative football, and an Action Face figure (figurines that will combine a MU player’s real-life face with a figure doing an action of some kind, according to the article), they’ll also have access to a gift suite to shop for gifts up to a $550 value.
WOW. Merry Christmas, fellas!
On to the Links! GO TIGERS!
Yesterday at Rock M
- In a new BTBS Podcast, Nate the Great is joined by Photoshop Wizard, Josh Matejka, and they talk about Mizzou’s great signing day. Thanks for filling in for BK, Josh.
- Matt Watkins compiled Rock M’s first (that I’m aware of, anyway) men’s hoops mailbag.
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Read Josh’s takeaways from Early Signing Day
- COMING UP: A Utah preview! And some other stuff…
- The USA TODAY Sports Network’s coverage team rated the SEC’s recruiting classes. What did Mizzou get, you ask? AN A!!!
- Chris Kwiecinski of the Columbia Tribune looked at the implications of Jeffcoat’s return.
- The KC Star’s Lila Bromberg wrote a great story on the Kansas City commits and the Tigers’ Arrowhead Stadium NSD celebration.
“We’re about to make history,” @Mekhi4Miller said. "That's what I’m looking forward to.”— Lila Bromberg (@lilabbromberg) December 16, 2021
KC area products Miller, @maxwhisner01, @armandmembou & @JalenMarshall03 were all in attendance at Arrowhead Stadium as #Mizzou celebrated its 2022 recruiting class. https://t.co/YFUvNOxPwW
- STL Today’s Ben Frederickson wrote, Drinkwitz is determined to make Mizzou an NIL winner, and he’s not above asking — begging? — for help.
- The Post-Dispatch’s Dave Matter wrote about Mizzou’s bowl opponent, Army, who marches on from Navy loss to Wednesday’s game.
- Matter also wrote about Mizzou’s new class, writing about how they’ve loaded up on playmakers, and held a new weekly chat.
- PowerMizzou’s Sean Williams doled out some Signing Day superlatives, while Gabe and Mitchell covered the signing day festivities in Kansas City and St. Louis.
- Congrats, Chris Turner!
Congrats to graduating senior Christopher Turner! Turner majored in architectural studies and minored in construction management. Turner also played on the defensive line for @MizzouFootball. M-I-Z! @MUArchSt, #mizzoumade pic.twitter.com/vud9njj7oy— MizzouAandS (@MizzouAandS) December 15, 2021
- And congrats, Allie Green, on being selected for the Hula Bowl!
Athletic and agile with good pedal and ball skills. We welcome @MizzouFootball Allie Green IV @Cb1Allie to the Bounce House in January. @DraftDiamonds are found at the #HulaBowl. @SAGECards @draftguyjimmy @scott_nfl #SEC @SEC pic.twitter.com/7ItsYjigqL— Hula Bowl (@Hula_Bowl) December 15, 2021
Hoops & Other Mizzou Sports
- The Missourian’s Matt Brolley previewed the Utah game, which will serve as reality check for Missouri going into conference play.
- Just in time for the Braggin Rights game next week, Mizzou Men’s Hoops twitter reminded us of the greatest Braggin Rights game ever— that amazing 1993 3-OT game many of you readers likely weren’t alive for, and that my own father wanted to leave early from. Tee hee.
A Braggin' Rights thriller ‼— Mizzou Athletics (@MizzouAthletics) December 16, 2021
With just six days until this year's Braggin' Rights, take a look back in today's @StorageMart from the vault to the triple-overtime 1993 matchup. #MIZ pic.twitter.com/aaiPxnVuCS
Mizzou in the Pros/Former Mizzou Player News
- Oh hell yes, NICK BOLTON. In the Chiefs 34-28 OT win over the Chargers, Bolton had 14 tackles, including 10 solo, 3 PD (apologies, I don’t know what this stands for), and a QB hit.
Nick Bolton has been everywhere. Perfect technique, too, on that pass deflection to force another fourth-down stop.— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 17, 2021
- TILLY was back in action on Thursday evening with the Lakeland Magic, and HOLY CRAP, my guy had a GREAT game. In his 25 minutes off the bench, JT had 20 points on 7-8 shooting, with TEN rebounds, and assist, and two fouls.
JEREMIAH’S FIRST PROFESSIONAL DOUBLE-DOUBLE!!
Bring the house ️ down @jeremiahtilmon_ pic.twitter.com/V2PrQOhSo5— Lakeland Magic (@LakelandMagic) December 17, 2021
- SOPHIE and LINDSAY CUNNINGHAM will be holding a charity evening before the South Carolina game!
come see us, friends pic.twitter.com/YKvm6XeDz6— Sophie Cunningham (@sophaller) December 15, 2021
- Best of luck to Jatorian Hanford, who will start continue his football career at South Florida.
I’m excited to announce that I will be committing to the University of South Florida ! #bulls #USF @coach_jeffscott @CoachDaPrato @CoachBahler pic.twitter.com/70GYQOdi01— Jatorian Hansford (@JatorianH_) December 16, 2021
— — — — — — — — — — — — —
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earncommissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)