Updates on crootin’!
DJ Wesolak, a 2022 four-star defensive end from Boonville, Missouri hinted at a big announcement on Tuesday.
Some (including me) thought it was going to be a commitment announcement. Well, it wasn’t — but Missouri still received some good news.
Yesterday, Wesolak announced his top eight schools, and Missouri made the cut, along with Alabama, USC, LSU, Georgia, Oregon, North Carolina, and Penn State.
That’s certainly some tough competition, but it looks like Missouri is in good shape to land him at the moment. Right now, the Rivals FutureCast’ on Wesolak is 100 percent to Mizzou, and 54.5 percent for Missouri on 247Sports’ Crystal Ball.
Wesolak, who will be playing the OLB position in college, tells Hayes Fawcett of On3 Recruits that December 15th is a potential commitment date.
BREAKING: Four-Star Edge DJ Wesolak is down to 8️⃣ Schools, he tells @On3Recruits— Hayes Fawcett (@Hayesfawcett3) December 1, 2021
The 6’5 225 2022 prospect will play OLB at the next level and says he will possibly commit December 15th
Where Should @DeAndreWesolak Go? pic.twitter.com/lTpFFeYT2P
Speaking of December commitments, it looks like a decision is coming soon — perhaps this month, for five-star small forward Mark Mitchell who is down to Duke, UCLA, and Missouri.
It’s December... Decision coming soon‼️— Mark Mitchell (@Mark_mitchell25) December 1, 2021
No, the chances are obviously not good, but it’s still fun to see the Mizzou fanbase showing him love on Twitter.
Onto the links! M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Missouri Football Bowl Projections: Quick Lane, Liberty Bowl Lead the Way, from me
- Brandon Kiley looks at Five players Mizzou could look to add via the transfer portal
- Wednesday Watch Grid: Game Times and Betting Lines for Championship Week, with Nate Edwards and Kortay Vincent
- PODCAST: WHY WOULD YOU SCHEDULE LIBERTY AT LIBERTY?! Looking ahead at the games to come, with Sam Snelling and Matthew Harris
- From Jeff Gordon’s latest tipsheet: While Drinkwitz seized the moment for Mizzou, Harsin flinched for Auburn
- From Dave Matter: Mizzou athletics eliminates two high-level positions
- On the latest Eye on the Tigers Podcast: Dave Matter and Ben Frederickson discuss what’s next for 6-6 Mizzou?
- Dave Matter has the game preview for Mizzou at Liberty: Tigers hope to heat up against Flames
- Mizzou makes a point moving Amari Davis into playmaker role, writes Dave Matter
- From David Kvidahl’s High School Football notebook: Luther Burden obliterates Illinois punt return records
- If you haven’t heard by know (or ignored all of Karen’s Bachelor gossip involving this on her links), the latest ‘Bachelor’ was a Mizzou Tigers football player. Lila Bromberg takes a look at what Clayton Echard did at MU
- Badie earns SEC Community Team honors, writes Emily Leiker
- Preview from Anthony Kristensen: Missouri faces true road test against Liberty
- Preview from Shannon Mia Belt: Missouri heads home to face familiar foe SIUE
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Who ended this season as the SEC’s leading rusher? Tyler Badie, of course!
- ICYMI: Luther Burden was named Max Preps’ Illinois High School Football Player of the Year. Over 2,000 all-purpose yards and 35 TDs!
Congrats to East St. Louis' @lutherburden3 on being named the MaxPreps Illinois Football Player of the Year.— Zack Poff (@Zack_Poff_MP) November 30, 2021
Dude finished his senior year with over 2,000 all-purpose yards and 35 TDs.
✍️: https://t.co/mjoHEqyzM2 pic.twitter.com/XjEuXFB8cj
- Some nice NFL Draft film here on Mizzou center Michael Maietti
Michael Maietti has some quickness/reach ability— Ben Fennell (@BenFennell_NFL) December 1, 2021
Casual 3,651 snaps played in his college career… Nbd pic.twitter.com/q1329GEWof
- Tyler Badie has been named to the SEC Community Service Team for football, and Leandra Mangual-Duran for Volleyball. Congrats to both!
- PREVIEW on MUTigers.com, Mizzou Travels to Lynchburg for Tilt Against Liberty
- PREVIEW on MUTigers.com, Women’s Basketball Faces SIUE on Thursday
- Mizzou Wrestling has a big match upcoming on Saturday at the Hearnes Center. Ben Ramirez has some stats:
Some history keeping ahead of No. 3 @MizzouWrestling vs. No. 10 @HokiesWrestling Saturday:— Ben Ramirez (@BenRamirez818) December 1, 2021
-Highest ranked match-up at the Hearnes since Feb. 2019 (No. 5 Mizzou vs No. 2 OK State)
-Mizzou is 4-2 against NWCA Top-10 teams over the last four seasons.
- Mizzou Gymnastics has announced their 2022 schedule with the season starting January 7th. Read more here on MUTigers.com!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)