Missouri 63 | Illinois 88
First Half Notes
- A hot shooting start (relatively) for both teams, but Illini seem to be a step ahead early.
- Illinois appears to be in the open floor on every possession.
- Kofi Cockburn is, as expected, a problem down low.
- Tigers have cooled off.
- Kofi Cockburn facing little resistance inside, Illini are running great sets for him as well.
- That 7-0 run for Mizzou came out of nowhere.
- Kobe Brown making a statement response to Cockburn with a scoring run of his own.
- Tigers going toe-to-toe with Illinois now after a rough start.
- Illinois responds to end the half, extending the lead back out to double digits. Illini took control from behind the arc.
Second Half Notes
- Illinois start the half with much of the same, three straight from 3-point land.
- Then Cockburn goes back to work inside. It’s like clockwork.
- 26-point lead at the under 16 timeout in favor of Illinois.
- Disparity in shooting this half would be hard for any team to overcome.
- Just overall domination from Illinois, Mizzou has not won any battle in this game.
- Bench players on both sides are in.
Opponent: Illinois (7-3)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: Enterprise Center, St. Louis, MO
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? No
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou +13.5
Where To Watch: Big Ten Network
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will the Tigers cover?
- Who will be the leading scorer outside of Brown?
- How many rebounds will Kobe Brown grab?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?