Mizzou 21 - Army 22
Fourth Quarter Notes
- Mizzou has literally had the ball for like 3 minutes this half.
- Army is just daring Mizzou to stop them.
- Buchanan looks like he’s never been tackled on first contact.
- Well, Army really just duped Mizzou with that pass.
- If Mizzou could just Army there way down the field that would really stick it to Army
- You feel for Downing with that fumble. You know how much that hurt him.
- I mean Army’s special teams has been phenomenal tonight.
- Well that Mizzou drive was anti climactic. You’ve got to run the ball a little more. There were still 5 minutes left.
- This defense has played phenomenal. The fact that Mizzou is getting two chances to win this game is crazy.
- What a drive from Brady Cook and Barrett Banister. The two point miss wasn’t good, but wow, that was picture perfect.
- Seeing Army in shotgun looks wrong.
- What is happening? Should Army run more shotgun???
- Welp. That just kinda sucked.
Third Quarter Notes
- Getting a stop out of halftime could be just the thing Mizzou needs to step on Army’s throat
- This Army QB actually has a pretty good arm. Passing it more might be the recipe for them to open up their run game.
- Seeing Army drive down the field getting 4 yards a play might be scarier than an explosive offense because you know what they’re going to do, and they till kill you.
- I don’t know what’s more automatic, Army on 4th and 1 or Harrison Mevis.
- That drive needs an answer from Mizzou. Not a field goal, a touchdown is needed.
- I don’t like that call to bounce it outside when you need a foot.
- A stop is needed for Mizzou.
- Army is winning this game with 4th down battle by a landslide.
Second Quarter Notes
- Well, that possession didn’t go as well as the first. This defense is and looks very beat up.
- If none of the players who went down (Green, Carlies, Robinson) can get back, Mizzou will probably struggle to stop the outside runs.
- Brady. Cook’s. Legs.
- Tauskie Dove running backwards is just something that can’t happen.
- Mizzou has to finish drives. They can’t let Army march this down the field, take the lead, then get the ball back at half.
- Blaze Alldredge! What a stop.
- A score before halftime would be huge here.
- That punt from Army was the definition of executing special teams.
- I love seeing JJ Hester get involved in the offense. I think he has so much upside. Am I biased cause we were friends in high school? Maybe.
- Love the flee flicker from Drink.
- Brady Cook just looks gritty when he runs the ball.
- Harrison Mevis so damn good.
First Quarter Notes
- Would love for this to be the Dawson Downing game. Would be a great way to send him off for all the years he’s given to the program.
- This early run blocking looks great. If Mizzou can establish a strong run game, that will make Brady Cook’s life much easier.
- Brady Cook looks like a burst of energy to this offense. They may have missed their deep shot, but they took it and it wasn’t underthrown, and that was the smoothest offensive possession I can remember since early this season.
- A stop on the first Army drive would be a huge momentum swing for Mizzou.
- Jaylon Carlies going down is a recipe for disaster for the Tigers. The safety depth is already thin, this makes it even worse.
- What a huge stop. If you can get up 2 scores on Army early, that’s invaluable. It’s time to pounce.
- Isiaiah McGuire is slowly becoming my favorite defensive player on this team. That man can play some damn football.
- The Brady Cook Mizzou offense looks infinitely better than the Connor Bazelak one.
- Getting to the 1 and not getting 6 hurts, but being up two scores on Army is always a place you want to be.
- Shawn Robinson going down means Mizzou literally has Jalani Williams left of Safeties who have played a decent amount this year.
- Devin Nicholson at CB?!?!?!
- Can Isaiah McGuire play DB because right now I’d believe he can do anything.
Mizzou injury report for Wednesday's Armed Forces Bowl:— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 20, 2021
Out: DT Akial Byers, TE Niko Hea, OT Bobby Lawrence,
S Martez Manuel, OT Zeke Powell
Tyler Badie will not be playing in tomorrow’s bowl game. @CoMoSports— emily leiker (saw spiderman:nwh) (@emleiker) December 21, 2021
Brady Cook will start at QB for Missouri tomorrow, per Eli Drinkwitz at today's press conference— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 21, 2021
TIME: 7:00 CT
DATE: Wednesday, December 22, 2021
LOCATION: Amon G Carter Stadium, Ft. Worth, Texas
Missouri-Army: Follow the game, TV Channel
STREAM: Watch ESPN
STATBROADCAST: Mizzou vs Army
Looking for FuboTV? Try our signup link: FUBOTV