I mean, that’s all you need to say at this point. That guy is just incredible and deserves every single accolade that comes to him. And there are a lot….
On Thursday, he was named Mizzou’s FIRST Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Badie, with his 3.83 GPA in his undergraduate major, Sports Management (Karen’s dream major), is currently persuing his master’s in Positive Coaching & Athletic Leadership (also Karen’s dream grad degree).
And, as we all know, he’s a DOAK Award finalist. From MUTigers.com:
A Doak Walker Award finalist, Badie set a new school record for single-season rushing yards (1,604). His touchdown at Arkansas was his 14th of the season and the 23rd of his career – good for ninth on Mizzou’s single season and career top-10 lists
Side Note: I saw Mr Badie on Thursday afternoon at Target and I had to restrain myself from going full on Fan Girl on him. I mean, I already have his autograph from another time he and his fam were at Target, lol…
On to the Links! Go TIGERS!
Personal Update: Apparently, the position I interviewed for at length has been subjected to substantial delays in hiring so your girl will not be going anywhere FT job-wise anytime soon. Good thing I have gainful employment at the bullseye store, huh? Yay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate and “Almost Married” BK were back with a new BTBS, talking Transferpalooza.
- Unfortunately, Nate must keep updating this pesky “Transfer Portal Losses” document.
- Nate also looked at the Heisman odds.
- Josh previewed the match up between Mizzou and that one team.
- Parker wrote a feature about SWIMMING! And I am here.for.it. My favorite thing to edit this year as I can fact check the hell out of this with no extra research!
- There’s a game thread and a post game for… THAT game from Parker. Ew. To be clear, the “Ew” is a double whammy for both the opponent AND the performance.
- COMING UP: SEC Power Rankings from Faller, a new “offseason” Pregamin from Josh, and the most depressing Study Hall I can recall… seriously, it made me cry (I wish I was kidding)
- The Tribune’s Eric Blum wrote about Recruiting Coordinator/TE Coach Casey Woods leaving for a DL position at SMU, while Al Davis dropped the interim tag from DL line coach.
He was effective, players responded well to him, and he will probably be affordable. Nothing wrong with this https://t.co/eoqYLf8fDD— Nate Edwards (@NateGEdwards) December 2, 2021
- Coach Davis is ready.
I tell our @MizzouFootball DLine TRENCH 〽️OB….. “your attitude and your effort, you control that”‼️ Its recruiting time, it’s grind time! Time to put in WORK!— Coach AL Davis (@DLineGURU) December 2, 2021
- St Louis Post Dispatch: After a Turkey Day break, Dave Matter was back with an all new Thursday chat, and also wrote about Casey Woods leaving for SMU.
The Rhett Lashlee-Casey Woods connection at SMU makes sense. They worked together at Auburn in two different stints, also on the same staff at Arkansas State.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 2, 2021
- KC Star: Lila asked where Mizzou might find themselves in the bowl game picture and wrote about Jatorian Hanford becoming the fifth Tiger in the transfer portal.
- Well, this is cool as hell. Congrats, fellas. Tyler was a unanimous selection, FWIW.
- Beautiful (wipes nostalgic tears) reminder…
- Check this out, Tiger fans. Vote often.
Good Hoops & Not So Good Hoops
- Good news! One of Mizzou’s basketball teams is GOOD. And it’s Robin Pingeton’s squad! They are off to an 8-0 start, their best since the 2015-16 season. The Tigers were led in scoring by the scorching hot shooting of Lauren Hansen (29 minutes, 16 points on 6-10 shooting and 2-4 from three, 1 rebound, 2 assists) and Aijha Blackwell (26 minutes, 16 points on 5-7 shooting and 1-3 from three, 15(!) rebounds, 2 assists). Next up? A Kim Mulkey-less (ew) Baylor on Saturday. According to Dave Matter, the Tigers sit at 25 in Real Time RPI but 145 in SOS.
- Let’s check out the recaps: Power Mizzou’s Michael Howie wrote about AB’s double-double. The Columbia Tribune’s Chris Kwiecinski wrote, Mizzou women’s basketball drubs SIU-E, heads into matchup with No. 5 Baylor at 8-0. The Columbia Missourian’s Mia Belt wrote, Missouri keeps win streak alive with dominating win over SIUE.
- MAMA!!!! THAT’S OUR POINT GUARD!!
- Apparently, there was a men’s basketball game on Thursday. I think I suffered momentary amnesia, likely caused by some Obliviate charm (Hello, Potterheads) because I just cannot recall said game against said horrible University. Weird….Anyway, in case you are a masochist who likes to relive painful things, have at it: Mitchell Forde (PowerMizzou). VIDEO: Cuonzo Martin postgame (PowerMizzou). Eric Blum (Columbia Tribune). Lila Bromberg (KC Star). Dave Matter (STL Today). Matt Brolley (Columbia Missourian). Anthony Kristensen (Columbia Missourian). MUTigers.com recap.
Other Mizzou Sports
- Mizzou Swim & Dive heads to Springfield to take on Missouri State this weekend. More info at MUTigers.com
- Mizzou Gymnastics gets their season kicked off with their Black & Gold intrasquad meet tonight before officially opening the regular season on January 7 against Ball State, SEMO, and Illinois State. From MUTigers.com:
Eleven Tigers return for 2022, led by All-American Sienna Schreiber on beam. Helen Hu (injured last season), Hannah McCrary and Sydney Schaffer return after helping Mizzou earn its highest-ever Southeastern Conference Championships score. Mizzou will also welcome six newcomers in the 2022 freshman class.
- Congrats to third year Mizzou Volleyball player, Leandra Mangual-Duran, on her selection to the SEC Community Service Team. According to MUTigers.com:
She has volunteered with a number of organizations, including the Special Olympics and Caleb’s Pitch, a nonprofit dedicated to providing support and memorable experiences to children battling serious medical conditions. In addition, Mangual-Duran has also dedicated time to getting involved with local schools in Columbia. In the classroom, she spends time reading with second grade students and has also became a pen pal with local elementary students.
- Baseball lockout? Well, it gives you a chance to pay attention to Mizzou Baseball… and Mizzou Softball (my personal fave).
Hello Cards and Royals fans! I, too, dislike a lockout.— Matt Michaels (@MattAndAMic) December 2, 2021
Here's advice - a New Year's resolution, even - that may help:
Go to #Mizzou Baseball games. Follow #SEC Baseball. Play starts mid-February.
You'll be so glad you did.
— — — — — — — — — — — — —
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earncommissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)