Let’s start with some good news, shall we?
Tiger Style has earned yet ANOTHER MAC Wrestler of the Week honor. This time, it’s Brock Mauller. The junior Columbia native has a 13-0 overall record this season, is the third ranked wrestler in the country in his 149 pound weight class, AND has a win over a No. 4 ranked opponent.
Following a 3-0 weekend and tournament championship, @Brock_Mauller is the MAC Wrestler of the Week❗️— Mizzou Wrestling (@MizzouWrestling) February 17, 2021
▪️13-0 overall record
▪️Ranked No. 3 in the country
▪️Victory over No. 4 opponent#TigerStyle pic.twitter.com/Rs4i4qHyCV
It’s been quite the season for Mizzou Wrestling, as they are ranked No. 5 country with a 10-0 overall team record. The postseason is right around the corner with the MAC Championships next weekend, February 26th-27th in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. That will be followed by the NCAA Championships in St. Louis at the Enterprise Center, March 18th-20th.
Though there won’t be any Mizzou Women’s Basketball tonight, as their road game at No. 5 Texas A&M has postponed due to inclement weather, one of many postponements around the SEC.
And a schedule update for Mizzou Softball: After their tournament in Waco, Texas was cancelled due to inclement weather, they’ve added five more games and are heading back to the state of Florida for FAU’s “Strike-out Cancer” Tournament. They’ll play Ole Miss and Iowa State on Saturday, a double-header at Florida Atlantic on Sunday, and at Central Florida next Wednesday.
Also, the college baseball season starts on Friday! The SEC announced on Wednesday their TV schedule for the upcoming season, and Mizzou appears nine times. Here are their games:
- Sunday, March 21st at Kentucky (SEC Network)
- Thursday, March 25th vs Vanderbilt (SEC Network)
- Saturday, April 3rd vs Texas A&M (SEC Network)
- Sunday, April 11th at South Carolina (SEC Network)
- Saturday, April 24th vs Georgia (SEC Network)
- Sunday, May 2nd at Alabama (SEC Network)
- Saturday, May 8th vs Tennessee (SEC Network)
- Thursday, May 13th at Mississippi State (ESPNU)
- Tuesday, May 18th vs kansas (SEC Network)
And on the first day of the SEC Swimming and Diving Championships, Mizzou had two top-eight finishes and runner-up in the 200 Medlay Relay (in school record time!). You can read more on MUTigers.com.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sam Snelling has the Study Hall after Mizzou’s 80-70 loss to Georgia
- In the latest Roster Reset, Brandon Kiley writes that Mizzou’s offensive line is looking for internal improvement
- ($$) From Sean Williams, 4-star DL Derrick Shepard out of Dayton, Ohio is hearing from Mizzou
- Here is the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodles Mailbag
- Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde bring you the latest episode of The 573 Report
- From Jeff Gordon, another loss brings another reality check for reeling Tigers
- In the latest edition of the Eye On The Tigers Podcast, Ben Frederickson and Dave Matter wonder if the Tigers can stop their skid in time?
- Dave Matter had a Q&A with Eli Drinkwitz: Mizzou still building program from infancy stage
- Second-half struggles continue to plague MU in road loss to Georgia, writes Tyler Hollins
- Missouri places high in two events to kickoff SEC Swimming and Diving Championships, writes Alex Wang
- Today at noon, SEC Network broadcaster Tom Hart will be visiting with the Mizzou Alumni group in their latest #MIZTalks series. You can register here:
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Tennis vs Ole Miss Rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 22
- Former Mizzou Head Coach Quin Snyder will be coaching the Western Conference in the NBA All-Star game next month, because of course he is.
- On Scoops With Danny Mac, Bernie Miklasz writes that watching Mizzou Basketball will drive you crazy (he’s right)
- The NCAA has announced that the recruiting dead period through May 31st.
- A Happy 30th Birthday to Phil Pressey!
Happy 30th to my PG! One of the best players to come out of #Mizzou. Took the program to the next level in his day, he’s still killin’ overseas today too.— Jarrett Sutton (@JarrettTSutton) February 17, 2021
HBD, Phil! @philpressey pic.twitter.com/QamIydmcAP
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)