Things are looking... up?
We’ll have another edition of Rock-M-Tology later today, where Sammy will further break down what the bracketologists are saying about the Tigers. But a few of the bigger names chimed in with their general thoughts on Sunday, and the results are pretty positive for Missouri.
After flirting with the edge last week, Missouri moved up in Gary Parrish’s Top 25 and 1 — from 26 to 22 — signaling that Tilmon’s absence was noted by CBS Sports.
You know who else seems to be back in on Mizzou now that Jeremiah Tilmon is back? Seth Davis, that’s who.
1.Gonz— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) February 22, 2021
That’s a +4 change for the Tigers after a week in which they went 1-1 with a loss to one of the worst teams in the SEC. If the Tigers can finish the season strong, perhaps the NCAA committee will be inclined to examine Missouri’s three-game losing streak with some greater scrutiny.
Locally, Ben Frederickson sees the glass half-empty for Mizzou Hoops, noting that the return of Tilmon marks a chance for the Tigers to, “re-energize their season.” He included some in-house details that show a program doing everything it can to right the ship.
A recent players-only meeting aired out and sorted through individuals’ issues with the recent downward trend. Martin and his staff held a film study specifically designed to drill down on the after-intermission lapses that were giving opponents too much unearned momentum.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Robin Pingeton’s Tigers were feeling dangerous on Sunday, putting up 96 (!!) points on the visiting Florida Gators. How does one pile up that many points, you may ask? Setting a school record for three-pointers is a good start.
- At PowerMizzou, Sean Williams spoke with DeShawn Woods, a 2022 four-star OL who included Missouri amongst his top 5 schools this weekend (subscribers only, y’all).
- Dang, I knew Eli Drinkwitz was all about the ‘crootin game, but I didn’t know he was this serious — he’s already got a jump on the 2033 class!
Had a nice chat w/ @CoachDrinkwitz last night! The call started with the trajectory of @MizzouFootball and ended with an offer for my soon to be 5 year old son! Tiger fans should know that Baby Sean is a chip off the old block! #MIZ x #NewZou— Franklin De’Sean Weatherspoon (@SpoonJones56) February 21, 2021
- Mizzou Volleyball continues its dominance over the Georgia Bulldogs, notching its fifth consecutive victory over UGA over the weekend. The Tigers are now 10-4 on the season.
- Hard to get around how rough of an opening weekend the baseball team had. The Tigers dropped 3 of 4 to Grand Canyon University, including Sunday’s finale, giving up a total of 36 runs. Big time yikes.
- The softball program is faring much better, as Larissa Anderson’s Tigers dropped Florida Atlantic 9-0 to move their record to 6-2.
- Big ups to Hayden Buckley, who represented his alma mater well in the Suncoast Classic this weekend.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)