As fans, we have no control over anything having to do with Missouri sports. Sure, if you show up to games and scream loud enough, maybe some one will miss a free throw at some point. But almost everything we hold dearly in sports is out of our control. All we can do is process the information and then yell about it online.
Thankfully, we don’t have to do any sort of extra yelling this week regarding the AP poll. After a 1-1 week, Missouri once again dropped in the minds of Associated Press voters. But they garnered enough support to stay in the top 25, settling in at No. 24.
The poll watcher that tracks voter ballots shows that Missouri peaked at No. 14 on Dick Vitale’s ballot, but was left off entirely by a large number of voters (yes, Jesse Newell, included).
Overall, it seems fair. Missouri lost another head-scratcher (even without Jeremiah Tilmon) when they traveled to Georgia, but the Tigers looked completely revived in South Carolina, riding a dominant offensive performance to a comfortable win. So how is a voter supposed to interpret the data, which shows Missouri is good with its best player and less good without him? It’s the same thing we’ve been talking about all year — do you believe Missouri is better than its metrics or do you believe they’re a middling tournament team with a good resume?
With two winnable games on the schedule this week, Missouri could go a long way to erasing some of that doubt.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Former Tiger safety Joshuah Bledsoe showed up in some crucial moments during his senior year. As Dave Matter writes in the Post-Dispatch, Bledsoe is hoping these moments, and his overall versatility, will help him in the coming NFL Draft.
- Even after collecting his 250th career win as a head coach, Cuonzo Martin didn’t realize it. Blair Kerkhoff wrote about Martin’s milestone discovery at the Kansas City Star.
- PowerMizzou subscribers can read Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts and an update on a new running back prospect Mizzou has interest in. All readers can watch coach Marco Harris preview tonight’s Ole Miss game and get Mitchell Forde’s newest SEC hoops rankings.
- The Maneater dug into the issues facing Mizzou Baseball following its rough opening series against Grand Canyon.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)