It’s transfer portal season!
And with the departure of Xavier Pinson opening up a scholarship, Mizzou will be very active in the transfer portal this offseason. Potential names are starting to come together, and that includes graduate transfer Brandon McKissic.
McKissic, a former guard at SLUH and UMKC, announced on Twitter Wednesday a list of schools, and Mizzou is one of them he’s considering.
Been a crazy couple days! Blessed for everything pic.twitter.com/K7z1HE2z6Q— BMac ♂️ (@BMcKissic3) March 24, 2021
He then later Tweeted it wasn’t his final list of schools, as a whole bunch of offers are still coming in.
McKissic averaged 17.2 points per game and shot 42.9 percent from three in senior season at UMKC. He was on the Second Team All-Summit and was named the Summit League Defensive Player of the Year.
On Tuesday, McKissic joined 590 The Fan’s Hollywood Casino Press Box with Frank Cusumano to discuss his options. You can listen to the full interview here.
The Mizzou Volleyball team, currently ranked No. 24 in the AVCA Coaches Poll, improved to 14-7 on the season with a three-set sweep on the road at Mississippi State.
From head coach Joshua Taylor on the win, via MUTigers.com.
“Our girls did a nice job of playing better as the match went on. Offensively, Andrea did a great job of spreading out the offense and Emily led the defensive front nicely. Looking forward to another good match tomorrow morning.”
The Tigers’ regular season finale is set for 11:00 a.m. CST in Starkville today.
Moving on, the Mizzou Softball team (ranked 18th in the Coaches Poll and 20th on ESPN), bounced back from a series loss over the weekend at Georgia with a doubleheader sweep on Wednesday over Western Illinois.
In Game 1, Mizzou senior outfielder Brooke Wilmes hit a WALK-OFF GRAND SLAM to win 10-0 in five innings.
It was another shutout in Game 2, as senior catcher Hatti Moore hit two home runs as Missouri won 6-0.
Here are the highlights from the doubleheader sweep!
Mizzou improved to 22-6 on the season and will host Auburn in their SEC Home Opening series this weekend Friday through Sunday.
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- What we did & what we didn’t learn from Mizzou’s spring practices, writes Brandon Kiley
- PODCAST: RIP 2020-2021 Mizzou Basketball, with Matt Harris and Sam Snelling
- Wilks looks to mesh fresh scheme with veteran players on Mizzou DL, writes Mitchell Forde
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodles Mailbag
- Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde bring you the latest episode of The 573 Report
- Mizzou fans take note of English’s coaching rise, Jeff Gordon writes in his latest Tipsheet
- From Benjamin Hochman’s latest Ten Hochman video: Thoughts on the state of Mizzou basketball and Xavier Pinson leaving the program
- Ben Frederickson graded the SLU, Mizzou, and Illinois seasons, where the Tigers got a C+.
- After sluggish start, Mizzou baseball braced for visit from No. 1 Vandy, writes Dave Matter
- Former Mizzou defensive lineman Aldon Smith is now an NFL Free Agent after spending one season with Dallas.
Source: The #Cowboys have informed pass-rusher Aldon Smith that they have decided to move on from him after one season. After being reinstated last season following a series of suspensions, Smith had five sacks playing his first NFL games since 2015. He is a free agent.— Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) March 24, 2021
- Huge injury news in the SEC East. Georgia WR George Pickens suffered an ACL injury.
Breaking: Georgia announces top WR George Pickens sustained an ACL injury to right knee that will require surgery. Kirby Smart: “The good news is that the MRI showed it to be an isolated injury with no other structures involved."— Marc Weiszer (@marcweiszer) March 24, 2021
- Mizzou Hoops commit Anton Brookshire of Springfield Kickapoo was named Ozark Conference Player of the Year! Congrats, Anton!
- Keegan O’Toole and Rocky Elam are the first ever freshman All-American duo at Mizzou Wrestling. The future is BRIGHT (it always is) for Tiger Style!
- Mizzou Baseball shortstop Joshua Day’s catch against Kentucky last weekend made No. 3 in NCAA Baseball’s Plays of the Week!
- Congrats to Jack Dahlgren, Jack Dubois, Grant Reed, and Frederik Rindshoej on being named honorable mention All-Americans in the 800 Free Relay!
- Combo guard Amari Davis, a transfer from Green Bay, has received an offer from Mizzou. As a sophomore, Davis averaged 17.2 points per game this season and was named Horizon League Rookie of the Year his freshman season.
Blessed to receive an offer from Mizzo University Thanks to Coach Martin and his staff for recruiting me! pic.twitter.com/VAySpKj1ge— Amari Davis (@Amari937) March 24, 2021
- Braylin Presley, a three-star athlete from Bixby, Oklahoma has Mizzou in his final eight schools
God’s plan (recruitment still 100% open) pic.twitter.com/CUWTottn2t— braylin (@braylinpres2022) March 24, 2021
- Former Mizzou guard Mario McKinney has announced that he has committed to New Mexico State.
110% COMMITTED ❤️ pic.twitter.com/Ho9yKR44Oy— Mario McKinney Jr./ HoodieRio.. (@Boog341) March 24, 2021
- ON MUTIGERS.com: Mizzou Track and Field Set for Texas and Raleigh Relays, Mizzou Baseball Set for SEC Home-Opener Against Vanderbilt, and Men’s Swimming and Diving Opens Action at NCAA Championships
- Wednesday was an unbelievably sad day for the St. Louis Blues franchise as they lost a legend with Bobby Plager passing away at the age of 78. Rest In Peace.
- Mizzou Athletics paid tribute to Bobby Plager as well.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)