We have just a few news and notes after a busy day for Mizzou Football yesterday, and really the last few days. So let’s start with a quick summary:
First off, Nick Bolton was taken in the 2nd round by the Kansas City Chiefs
- From ArrowheadPride.com: NFL Draft results: Chiefs select Nick Bolton at No. 58
- Grading the Chiefs’ pick of Missouri linebacker Nick Bolton at 58
- New Chiefs linebacker Nick Bolton says he’s ready to ‘make his mark’ in the NFL
- Brett Veach talks Nick Bolton and Creed Humphrey, sees ‘hidden value’ in day three
- Nick Bolton Drafted 58th overall by the Kansas City Chiefs
Next, Tyree Gillespie was drafted in the 4th round by the Las Vegas Raiders
- From SilverAndBlackPride.com: Raiders trade up to select Tyree Gillespie from Missouri
- Raiders podcast: Wrapping up NFL 2021 draft
- Tyree Gillespie drafted by the Las Vegas Raiders in the 4th round
Then, Larry Borom was picked in the 5th round by the Chicago Bears
- From WindyCityGridiron.com: NFL Draft Results 2021: Chicago Bears take Larry Borom in the 5th round
- Twitter reacts to the Bears pick of Larry Borom
- Film study: New Bears OL Larry Borom brings power and versatility
- Bears Draft 2021: Grade the Trade Day 3
- Larry Borom drafted by the Chicago Bears with the 151st overall pick
Next off the board was Joshuah Bledsoe to the New England Patriots in the 6th round
- From Patspulpit.com: Patriots draft Missouri S Joshuah Bledsoe at No. 188
- Why the Patriots drafted Missouri safety Joshuah Bledsoe
- Patriots earn an ‘A’ for their haul in the 2021 draft
- Meet the Patriots’ 2021 draft class!
- Joshuah Bledsoe drafted by the New England Patriots in the 6th round
Last, Larry Rountree was chosen by the LA Chargers in the 6th round
- From BoltsFromTheBlue.com: Chargers select RB Larry Rountree with 194th pick
- Larry Rountree drafted by the Chargers in the 6th round
- (note from the California SBN sites and the lower rate of coverage, California changed it’s contracting laws and to adhere SB Nation has one team of people who cover all CA sports for the site, the downside is coverage is a bit different, so there’s less from the Chargers site than from the others)
That’s five players drafted into the NFL which is as many as Missouri has had drafted since the 2009 season when six were taken. Coincidentally the one Missouri player not taken in the 2009 draft is still on an NFL Roster today and will be joined by Larry Rountree on the Chargers roster... that would be one Chase Daniel.
So not all of Missouri’s players were drafted, but only one player who had a chance to be drafted went undrafted, that player was Damon Hazelton... and he didn’t have to wait long to find a landing spot.
Houston, here comes @dahazeltonjr!#MizzouMade pic.twitter.com/lx1GM696Rr— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) May 2, 2021
Hazelton worked out in the Houston area this past offseason so this move makes a little bit of sense. We hope Damon can catch onto the roster for the Texans. That’s the extent of my draft coverage, I’m sure there will be more from us, and from our SBN brethren so stay tuned.
In other news
RECAP // Mizzou Softball Run-Rules No. 3 Florida#OwnIt https://t.co/yF0sXioWDq— Mizzou Softball (@MizzouSoftball) May 2, 2021
After dropping the opening game to Florida the Missouri Softball team bounced back in dramatic fashion as they literally walked the Gators off the field with a run rule in the 6th inning. The rubber match is today, with the Tigers 3 back in the loss column for 1st place, and two behind the Gators for second place.
Mizzou Baseball has the finale of their series against Alabama today. They’ve dropped the first two, so they’re trying to avoid a sweep.
Have a good Sunday everyone.