JuCo All-American Catcher Joins Tigers
Woooooo-weeeeeeeeeee. This Tigers team is going to be GOOD next season! Last week, it was reported (by me and many others) that Cayla Kessinger decided to come back for a “Great Granny” season and return for a sixth (!) year. Meaning, the only other starter to not return would be senior catcher, Hatti Moore.
And now, it seems, the Tigers have found their replacement, Junior College First Team All-American, Addie Lange, who joins the Tigers after playing VERY well at Volunteer State Community College.
Unreal. Words can’t describe how incredibly grateful I am to say this, but I am now officially a MIZZOU TIGER!! I will be furthering my athletic and academic career at the University of Missouri. pic.twitter.com/mEQ5r25DcM— add (@addielange) June 15, 2021
In a pandemic-shortened 2019-20 season, Addie batted .526 in 18 games, with 30 runs, 30 hits, 8 doubles, 11 home runs and 42 RBI, to go along with a .583 OBP and 1.246 SLG. This season, Addie batted .435 in 48 games, with 68 runs, 70 hits, 13 doubles, 3 triples, 21 home runs and 81 RBI, to go along with a .510 OBP and .944 SLG. (source: VolStatePioneers.com)
Addie joins other the 19th-ranked recruiting class, which features five prep standouts, four of whom are from Missouri or have MOties: middle infielder Julia Crenshaw (O’Fallon, #2 national ranking*, #1 infielder*), middle infielder Kara Daly (Jeff City, #53 overall*), outfielder Maddie Snider (Columbia, #19 overall*), and pitcher Jayci Kruse (born in StL but lives in California, #117 overall*, #19 pitcher*). Texas native Vanessa Hollingworth (#83 overall) rounds out the roster.
** according to Extra Innings Softball, as reported by MUTigers.com in a November Signing Day post
Onto the Links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- BK wrote about Drinkwitz’s legitimately unprecedented success at this whole recruiting thing.
- COMING UP: The “Team Texas” OL is awarded. Who will win? And Nate will preview the North Texas game (normally posted on Tuesdays, but recruiting posts win)
- In the new Eye on the Tigers podcast, Matter and BenFred take a look at how an expanded college football playoff will benefit Eli Drinkwitz and the Tigers. Have a listen!
- Nate Marcus of the Columbia Missourian wrote about how Missouri is making a splash early in the 2022 recruiting period. Ya don’t say?!?
- Dave Matter also wrote about the furious start in a crucial recruiting period for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- THIS IS HURTFUL. J-MAC is NOT a random college athlete.
Jeremy Maclin— Random College Athletes (@RandomAthletess) June 16, 2021
Missouri, Wide Receiver 2006-2008 pic.twitter.com/IGauCf8Pud
- The Athletic’s Kyle Tucker put together a way too early SEC Men’s Hoops power rankings... Where did Mizzou end up? Not great, y’all. Not great. But you’ll have to be a subscriber to find out for yourself! I will say, he presented a less than compelling argument to me, a die-hard Mizzou fan and Cuonzo Believer (™ pending).
- Speaking of a bunch of newbies on the men’s team... let’s talk numbers and measurements! Kaleb is... a big dude! And the comments indicate that perhaps Trevon has grown?
Numbers & ht/wt for Mizzou newcomers— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) June 15, 2021
0 Anthon Brookshire 6-1, 170
1 Amari Davis 6-2, 175
2 Sean Durugordon 6-7, 210
5 Jarron Coleman 6-4, 210
11 Yaya Keita 6-8, 240
12 Dajuan Gordon 6-3, 185
13 Kaleb Brown, 6-6, 265
21 Ronnie DeGray III, 6-6, 225
23 Trevon Brazile, 6-9, 215
- In response to the hiring of new (old?) S&C guy Nate Edwards, Coach Nic posted this lovely tweet:
This is a prime of example of the principle that HOW LONG you wait is not as important as HOW you wait. What you’re willing to do during the wait ultimately defines you! The result speaks for itself in this case.— Nicodemus C. (@nicodemus_c) June 15, 2021
I’m proud of you @Edwards__M! https://t.co/J6xLkjuy36
- I found this interaction to be funny. Coach P is great, y’all.
- CROOTIN’ UPDATES: 2023 CG Braelon Green has heard from Mizzou, according to reports.
Other Mizzou News
- Well, I mean... I live here, so it must be pretty great? According to Travel & Leisure, Columbia, Missouri is no. 25 on the list, falling behind another Columbia — no, not the much lesser South Carolina one — the Maryland one.
No surprise here: Columbia was recently listed as one of the 25 best places to live in the US!— Mizzou Admissions (@MizzouAdmission) June 14, 2021
We think you're really going to like your college home: https://t.co/YgLedwCPrJ pic.twitter.com/UfZklTfehx
According to their site, the following is what was used to measure a city’s greatness:
What makes any town or city a great place to live? When you’re looking for the perfect place for relocation, you might consider housing costs, nearby attractions, access to transportation, crime rates, and the list goes on and on. Thankfully, Niche, a website that compiles profiles, ratings, and reviews for schools and places throughout the U.S., has gathered a list of the best places to live in the country so you can narrow your search (or see how your town stacks up).
Mizzou in the Pros
- The KC Star is all aboard the Quin Snyder Hype Train, talking about him in the KC Sports Beat podcast and in an article looking at how, years after his career at Mizzou veered off course, he is almost at the pinnacle of the NBA.
- Sheldon Richardson has found himself a new home— Minnesota. According to the Missourian’s Wilson Moore, Richardson has signed with the Vikings for a hefty sum, who he played for in 2018. Best of luck, Sheldon!
- Here’s another report on the Sheldon signing from Pro Football Talk.
Sheldon Richardson reportedly gets $3.6 million this year from the Vikings, with the chance to make up to $4.35 million. https://t.co/TsGHLC76bp— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) June 15, 2021
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earncommissions for products purchased via affiliate nks.**)