The GOAT is back!
As you may be aware, the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, well, didn’t happen in 2020. In fact, we’re halfway through 2021 and they haven’t happened at all. But not to worry, Olympics fans, because we’re still getting them in July 2021... then presumably again in June 2024? Who knows.
What we do know is that one of Mizzou’s greatest athletes ever is currently fighting for her own spot on the Team USA Olympic squad. Tonight, Karissa Schweizer runs on NBC to earn a spot in Japan.
Olympic Trials 5,000 meter final⚡️— Karissa Schweizer (@KarissaSchweiz4) June 21, 2021
Watch live tomorrow at 5:40pm PST on NBC
: IG @elicortneywhite_ pic.twitter.com/EPYHwPl8Pj
Schweizer is one of 16 runners trying to earn a spot on the team and, as of now, she’s one of only 8 that have met the Olympic standard time of 15:10. Not for nothing, she also boasts the fastest personal best time of any runners in the group. Everyone send some well wishes to the GOAT. It’s been a while since she got to add something to her trophy case.
Speaking of hopeful and future Olympians, congrats to former Tiger Mikel Schreuders, who will be representing Aruba in the Tokyo games. The more Tigers the better!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Feel like dreaming about some hoops ‘crootin? Here’s some new footage of a 6’11” 2022 kid from the St. Louis area who just picked up a Mizzou offer.
- Speaking of hoops, Jeff Gordon at the Post-Dispatch wrote about Mizzou’s new-look roster and how it could fit in the rising SEC Basketball conference.
- One last Happy Dad’s Day to all the Mizzou dads out there! Keep doing you. Also, if you feel so inclined, add to this fun Twitter thread of, “Most Dad Things You’ve Done in the Past Year.” And remember, you don’t even need to be a father to be a dad. Dad, after all, is a state of mind.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)