A big night from MPJ.
Michael Porter, Jr. and the Denver Nuggets have advanced to the second round in the NBA Playoffs. In a 126-115 win over the Portland Trail Blazers, and #MizzouMade MPJ was a huge contributor, scoring 26 points on 10-19 shooting (6-12 from three), with five defensive rebounds and four assists in 33 minutes. While he did cool off in the second half and didn’t take as many shots - instead deferring to his teammates - his first quarter/half performance can’t be ignored.
He got a lot of social media reaction as well. He quite literally couldn’t miss.
Damian Lillard set an NBA playoff record with 12 3-pointers last game.— Mike Singer (@msinger) June 4, 2021
MPJ has 6 in the first quarter of Game 6.
MPJ came out hot in Game 6— ESPN (@espn) June 4, 2021
22 Pts in the first NINE minutes pic.twitter.com/PhcN8VEHvh
Denver will face the Phoenix Suns next in the Conference Semifinals after their 4-2 series win over Portland. Wednesday’s Suns game featured a strong performance by another player with Mizzou ties, though this one is a bit more adjacent.
Former Mizzou great, Melvin Booker’s son, Devin Booker, scored 47 POINTS to close out the Lakers in Game 6 in a 113-100 victory.
Devin Booker tonight:— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) June 4, 2021
Young superstar pic.twitter.com/JJdxw0P5Mo
So, the Western Conference Semifinals will feature Jordan Clarkson and Quin Snyder (Editor’s Note: and Keyon Dooling, who works in player development) from the Utah Jazz, Michael Porter, Jr. from the Denver Nuggets, and Melvin Booker’s son from the Phoenix Suns. That’s....pretty loaded from a Mizzou standpoint.
Onto the links. M-I-Z!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Night at the Zou brings in the ELITE talent. Great recruiting coverage from Karen Steger and Sam Snelling.
- PODCAST: Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, from Sam Snelling and Matthew Harris. Give it a listen!
- COMING UP: Brandon Kiley will have a latest recruiting post, mostly centered around in-state recruiting.
- 75 campers have been allowed to attend Mizzou Women’s Basketball Summer Camps! Here’s the full schedule. Read more on MUTigers.com.
- Mizzou Softball just ran into a pretty good James Madison team in the Super Regionals, huh? The Dukes beat No. 1 overall seed Oklahoma to start the Women’s College World Series.
WELCOME TO THE WCWS, JAMES MADISON‼️ @JMUSoftball punctuates its first ever Women's College World Series game in program history with an upset of (1) Oklahoma, stunning the Sooners, 4-3, in 8 innings!#WCWS pic.twitter.com/vpzAX4YVmB— NCAA Softball (@NCAAsoftball) June 3, 2021
- Another impressive Mizzou Softball stat from KOMU Sports’ Kayler Smith
How good was #Mizzou softball? They finished 42-17. Of those 17 losses:— Kayler Smith (@KaylerSmithTV) June 4, 2021
-16 were to teams who made the tournament.
-13 were to teams who played in the Super Regional.
-7 were to teams in the WCWS.
- Summer visit dates have been set for five-star WR target Luther Burden.
After an unofficial visit to Mizzou on Wednesday, 5⭐️ East St. Louis WR Luther Burden sets visit dates for the summer pic.twitter.com/m7tH38Rj63— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) June 4, 2021
- ICYMI from KTGR’s Big Show: Eric Blum from the Columbia Daily Tribune joined to discuss the Mizzou Softball season and the program’s momentum going forward!
- A Happy Birthday to Mizzou Football newcomer running back Taj Butts!
- A great send off for Dru Smith with Cuonzo Martin!
Sent off Dru with a family dinner and recognition for joining the 1,000-point club & earning First Team All-SEC honors.— Cuonzo Martin (@CuonzoMartin) June 4, 2021
Proud of all he’s accomplished and the man he’s become. Wishing you & Marley a beautiful future @dru_smith_12! pic.twitter.com/WYzJoqIAji
- According to Brody Miller, Former Mizzou assistant Brad Davis is set to become LSU’s Offensive Line Coach
Brad Davis is set to become the new #LSU offensive line coach.— Brody Miller (@BrodyAMiller) June 3, 2021
Story on LSU prying Davis away when other big programs failed, the sudden firing of James Cregg and what it all means for LSU. https://t.co/uxYnsYCSLD
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)