The Mizzou Hoops schedule is starting to come together.
The 2022 SEC Basketball opponents were announced for the upcoming season, according to the league in a press release on Wednesday (times, dates, and TV info will be announced at a later date). And no, there’s no Texas and Oklahoma quite yet.
But seriously, here’s the 18-game league opponent breakdown for Mizzou this season.
Home and Road: Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M
Home: Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee
Road: Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, Vanderbilt
This schedule setup means that there will be no Xavier Pinson return to Columbia, as Dave Matter points out.
One takeaway from this: Xavier Pinson will not play at Mizzou Arena. MU will play at LSU.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) July 28, 2021
Matt Harris gives us a more in-depth look at Mizzou’s schedule:
This is how MU's schedule looks now that we know the SEC breakdown. Again, we're only missing a couple of non-con opponents. pic.twitter.com/6wuXiqD11K— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) July 28, 2021
And another one! Congrats to The Thiccer! On Wednesday, Harrison Mevis was named to the Lou Groza Award Watch List for College Football’s top place kicker. The sophomore is one of 30 FBS kickers on the watch list. The Tigers now have six players on preseason watch lists as Mevis joins Alldredge, Jeffcoat, Maietti, Bazelak, and Badie. Read more here on MUTigers.com.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Brandon Kiley writes that Ryan Hoerstkamp is Missouri’s secret tight end weapon
- Kortay Vincent writes that JJ Hester is a potential breakout candidate in 2021
- In his latest chat, BenFred discusses MizzouMade’s Max Scherzer (with the Cardinals?) and the Mizzou AD situation.
- From Dave Matter: Mizzou will pay Jim Sterk full two years’ pay for leaving AD post
- From Briar Napier: Mizzou men’s basketball: The SEC schedule is out, and here’s who the Tigers are facing
- MU men’s basketball learns conference opponents, writes Anthony Kristensen
- From Anthony Kristensen: Mevis named to Groza Award watchlist
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Eric Blum, former Mizzou OL and Columbia native Jonah Dubinski hired as Battle’s football coach
- Rest In Peace to longtime Mizzou Athletic Trainer Fred Wappel
Our thoughts are with the Wappel family after Mizzou Hall of Famer, Fred Wappel, passed away on Monday night.— Mizzou Athletics (@MizzouAthletics) July 28, 2021
Wappel served the Tigers for 41 years as the athletic trainer, impacting countless student-athletes along the way. pic.twitter.com/VreXhVskSl
- Single game tickets are on sale now for Mizzou Football this season!
- What a view indeed, Drink!
- Good luck to Dru Smith and Jeremiah Tilmon as the draft starts this evening!
- Karissa Schweizer has arrived in Tokyo for the Olympics!
- Well...here we go! The vote is coming (today) to allow Texas and Oklahoma to join the SEC. Stay tuned!
- Here’s the latest situation, according to Sports Illustrated’s Ross Dellenger:
Been warned not to predict what presidents will do once in a room. That said, SEC presidents are expected to extend invites to Texas & OU at Thursday’s meeting, sources tell @SINow.— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) July 29, 2021
OU & Texas will then accept invites at board meetings Friday.
The ship, as they say, has sailed.
- ($$) From Stewart Mandel and Nicole Auerback of The Athletic, a 12-team College Football Playoff before 2026 looks unlikely due to the SEC expansion.
- From CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd: Big 12 commissioner alleges ESPN conspired with SEC, American to lure teams from conference
- Former Mizzou pitcher Max Scherzer could be on the move very soon heading into Friday’s MLB Trade Deadline. The Padres (managed by former Mizzou Baseball player Jayce Tingler) are one of the teams in the mix to land him.
Sources: Max Scherzer trade talks have continued to intensify, and those close to the conversations believe a deal could be reached by late tonight. The Giants, Dodgers, and Padres are among the top suitors, but other clubs are involved. @MLBNetwork @MLB— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 28, 2021
- A good start for former Mizzou pitcher Tanner Houck last night at Fenway: Four innings, one run, two hits, and seven strikeouts in Game 2 of the 7-inning doubleheader for the Red Sox against the Blue Jays.
- Congrats to Mizzou Women’s Golf junior Sophia Yoemans, the winner of the Minnesota State Amateur Championship! Read more here on MUTigers.com.
- Just out of curiosity, I put out a Twitter poll concerning a few names that have been connected in Mizzou’s AD search. Who would be your top choice? (Still time to vote!)
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)