Get You a Coach Like Eliah Drinkwitz!
The holiday weekend seems to have been extended into this week, as it was a slowwwwwww news day, y’all. Which is likely why this little nugget caught the eye of many a Mizzou fan on Tuesday morning on the Twitterverse…
And all I have to say about that is… nah, I’m good. I am not need of that problematic head coach in my life.
Yup! Drink, in his 2nd year as an HC at any level, and in impossible circumstances handled himself with absolute grace. Dan Mullen called to "Pack the Swamp" during a global pandemic and acted like a WWE promoter.— David Mann (@MIZ_DBH) July 6, 2021
This is not a difficult call.
So… yeah… what DBH said.
Moving on, but sticking with how lucky we are to have our football staff, check this out from Realus George, in response to a tweet from Coach Franklin.
I just love this. Onto the Links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate (the Great) wrote about one of Mizzou’s greatest defensive backs, Pig Brown, who was our Team USA Defensive Back recipient.
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Matthew J Harris wrote a quite in-depth piece on transfer DaJuan Gordon. Do check it out. Matt put in A LOT of work on this.
- COMING UP: The “Team USA” Defensive Back is awarded, and BK provides a Recruiting Reset.
- Dave Matter wrote about the conference’s football teams replenishing their rosters via the transfer portal.
- In BenFred’s newest chat for STL Today, he answered whether Mizzou recruiting hype at an all-time high. (it may be for subscribers only)
- Trumans Tales’ football previews continue, and next up is Southeast Missouri State.
- Until this last season, Kentucky has been our football nemesis. And apparently, we are theirs?
Judging by the responses here and on the site most fans agree with @JDrumUK that Missouri is the biggest game of the year for UK.— Justin Rowland (@RowlandRIVALS) July 6, 2021
I picked LSU because it would move the needle for the program, and I think it's very doablehttps://t.co/ncBWc8q6so
- Drink is always working… this time at the BBQ grill. That looks delicious.
Other Mizzou Sports
- In an article I absolutely LOVED, Lauren Rosenberg of Trumans Tales wrote about five Mizzou women athletes she thinks could capitalize upon the NIL decision with some sponsorships. She presented some excellent choices— please check it out.
- I don’t know about you all, but it seems like Yaya Keita might become a fan favorite. It is hard to believe that young man is only a FRESHMAN.
- We wish a bon voyage to Mizzou Athletics photographer Zach Bland, who is leaving for a job at University of Maryland. His pictures are incredible, and the Terps are getting a great one.
- Former Mizzou Women’s Basketball coach Cindy Stein has decided to retire after this season, according to Lauren Rosenberg of Trumans Tales. The former Mizzou head coach from 1998-2010 (and current SEMO head coach) led the Tigers to four WNIT appearances and two NCAA tournament appearances, including a Sweet 16, during her tenure.
Mizzou in the Pros
- Want to check out Soph and the Mercury this week? Here’s the details.
- Not an NFL fan really, but I am looking forward to seeing how Nick Bolton does with KC!
- According to Marc J Spears of The Undefeated, Devin Booker’s dad, former Mizzou great Melvin Booker, pushed him to go farther, go further, go harder.
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earncommissions for products purchased via affiliate nks.**)