Now Hiring: Deputy Athletic Director!
This week marks the official beginning of Desiree Reed-Francois’ time as the Athletic Director of Mizzou Athletics. While the new AD has promised cultural change is coming to Columbia, we can already be sure that literal change is already on its way, specifically in the personnel department. Before her first day, Reed-Francois is already down a deputy AD, as Ryan Alpert has left the school to take a similar position at the University of Tennessee.
In his second stint at Mizzou, Alpert was tasked with developing revenue streams and oversaw the department’s fundraising office, the Tiger Scholarship fund, as well as ticketing and marketing. He also served as the athletics department’s liaison for multimedia rightsholder Mizzou Sports Properties and the sport administrator for the men’s and women’s basketball programs. Alpert previously worked at MU running the Tiger Scholarship Fund then spent two years at Florida Atlantic, working under AD Brian White.
It seems like Alpert was instrumental in the school’s fundraising efforts, but that also seems to be an area of DRF’s expertise, so maybe we shouldn’t be too worried? After all, how many of us even knew the Deputy AD’s name before today? (Editor’s note: I did!)
Anyway, Alpert’s move leaves DRF with some inter-departmental decisions to make before we start to see any fan-facing activity. Let’s hope the person she chooses revolutionizes Mizzou sports in the way she’s told us is expected.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which Sam puts together Some Random Mizzou Things for Sunday
- Dru Smith didn’t get a starting spot during the Heat’s Saturday game, but he did make the most of his time on the court, chipping in 9 points, 2 assists and a block in 15 minutes.
- We won’t know how the Chargers feel about Larry Rountree III until a few more weeks, but this run should help him get some good will in the running back room!
Rountree ended the game with 60+ yards rushing, leading the Chargers.
- Sophie Cunningham went off in the Mercury’s win over the Atlanta Dream, posting 17 points off the bench, including an impressive steal and a 3-4 shooting performance from 3.
- Need some football photos? Feels like you need some football photos.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)