Mark your calendars!
Mizzou Basketball officially announced their full non-conference schedule on Wednesday. We previously knew a lot of the opponents earlier from reports, but the Tigers will start the non-con with their season opener on November 9th against Central Michigan, and they will close out their non-conference portion of their schedule in the Big 12/SEC Challenge on January 29th at Iowa State.
Here’s the full non-con slate:
Out of the 12 games total, only half of them are true home games at Mizzou Arena. And just what a Power Five non-conference schedule should look like, the Tigers have some games that should easily add to the win total, a couple of contests against mid-major opponents, and resume-building opportunities for a chance at a postseason berth. Specifically, that three-game stretch from December 11th through the 22nd — what a gauntlet. This should be quite the challenge for a new look Mizzou basketball squad.
Moving on, Tiger Style was in full effect Wednesday in Ufa, Russia at the Junior World Championships. Two Mizzou wrestlers brought home Gold Medals for the USA from the 74 KG and 92 KG weight class. A huge congrats to the freshmen, Keegan O’Toole and Rocky Elam! You can read more here at MUTigers.com.
Head Coach Brian Smith was in Russia to support O’Toole and Elam!
Junior World Champion Keegan O’Toole pic.twitter.com/G1Ez5hxMCc— Brian Smith (@mutigerstyle) August 18, 2021
Special day in Ufa, Russia. Pretty amazing watching young men achieve when they have lived it and do it right. Looking forward to coming back to CoMo. @MizzouWrestling MIZ-USA! #Tigerstyle pic.twitter.com/aulNTN1AhQ— Brian Smith (@mutigerstyle) August 18, 2021
MIZ-USA is right. Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Recruiting Reset: Xavier Simmons will bring freakish athleticism to Mizzou’s linebacker corps, writes Brandon Kiley
- Devin Nicholson aims to take over spearheading the locker room, writes Parker Gillam
- From Dave Matter: Mizzou beefs up non-conference basketball schedule
- From Anthony Kristensen: Missouri men’s basketball releases nonconference schedule
- Anthony Kristensen has the preview of Missouri soccer opening their season today against Illinois
- From Anthony Kristensen: O’Toole, Elam win gold at World Juniors
- Winning is all that matters to Robinson in transition to new position, writes Calum McAndrew
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Eric Blum: Mizzou men’s basketball reveals 2021-2022 nonconference schedule
- On The Big 550 KTRS, Dave Matter joined Brendan Wiese to discuss all things Mizzou, including Luther Burden decommitting from Oklahoma, Fall Camp, and the importance of the Kentucky game Week 2. Give it a listen!
- From KSDK’s Corey Miller: Here’s Jeremy Maclin on his cousin Jay.
"I want it to be, when people think about number nine at the University of Missouri, they talk about @jaymaclin2x."— Corey Miller (@corey_miller5) August 19, 2021
Once he's recovered from injury, expect to see another "Maclin No. 9" on the field for #Mizzou football.
And Jay is getting all the support from cousin @jmac___19 pic.twitter.com/V6mpdkTuQ6
- Huge Mizzou hoops target Mark Mitchell will announce his top schools this weekend
Top schools list coming this weekend— Mark Mitchell (@Mark_mitchell25) August 18, 2021
- SEC Network’s Cole Cubelic has Devin Nicholson at No. 5 in his Top five SEC inside linebackers for this season:
MY top 5 SEC inside linebackers for 2021: pic.twitter.com/Qelgm4hGWV— Cole Cubelic (@colecubelic) August 18, 2021
- Josh Fann of Show Me Football wrote five reasons Luther Burden will pick the Tigers
- According to Travel Leisure, they named Columbia at No. 25 as the Best Places to Live in the US!
- These never get old....from walk-on to scholarship. Huge congrats to junior offensive lineman Richard Taylor!
- Coach Pinkel stopped by to speak to the Mizzou Football team. And look at Drinkwitz taking some notes. You love to see it!
Thank you @CoachDrinkwitz and @MizzouFootball for inviting me to speak to the team tonight. Looking forward to the season - You Never Know When Greatness Is Around The Corner!!!! pic.twitter.com/reTDsy66Sn— Coach Gary Pinkel (@GaryPinkel) August 19, 2021
- Info for Mizzou Football Fan Night on Saturday:
- A new era gets underway with head coach Stefanie Golan. Stay tuned for Mizzou Soccer’s regular season opener tonight vs...Illinois! (Free Admission all season at Walton Stadium as well)
- The Black and Gold Volleyball match is coming up on Friday at Hearnes. Free admission!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)