[Insert Shruggie Emoji Here]
Notice I said some in the headline. And to be clear, it’s not the Tigers of the Mizzou variety. It’s those gross purple & gold ones, of Louisiana State University. I don’t like those Tigers, y’all, but alas—they are doing what is safe for all by announcing that if you aren’t providing your proof of vaccination, you must show a negative Covid test within 72 hours of game day in order to gain admittance to their stadium.
Gabe checked in with PowerMizzou in light of the news…
In light of LSU requiring proof of vaccination or negative COVID test to attend football games I asked for an update on policies from #Mizzou.— Power Mizzou (@PowerMizzoucom) August 24, 2021
No current plans to implement that policy, but they expect unvaccinated fans to wear masks and encourage them for all in crowded areas.
Well… that isn’t great. Especially considering that all over twitter was news of Mizzou not actually enforcing their supposed “mask mandate” on campus in buildings, so excuse me if I don’t have much faith in this “system.” At least they are encouraging people to get vaccinated. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I am at the point where I don’t expect a lot of people to do anything these days for the good of others. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Moving on to more positive matters…
Drink appeared on the Marty & McGee on Tuesday afternoon, and told a great little story about his phone tag with THE Nick Saban.
It’s time for a new Hot Seat, Cold Tub! KP’s guest this week is none other than Keke Chism!
The guys want YOU at Faurot this season to cheer on the team!
On to the Links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Parker’s newest piece talked about how Missouri native Tyler Hibbler looks to represent Trinity Catholic with pride.
- Nate (the Great) made some predictions in his first non-Covid “Count the Ifs” in a few years.
- COMING UP: BK writes about the Tulsa CB transfers, and Kortay has a piece on Tez, Mizzou’s defensive leader.
- Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote about the defense, which is fully loaded with options at cornerback.
- In a new Tiger Extra, the Tribune’s Eric Blum wrote about Martez Manuel, who assumes a team captain role on a path of greater learning in hometown.
- Additionally, Blum looked at how every Mizzou football coach in the past 100 years has fared in their second season.
- Four Tigers were named on preseason All-SEC teams, according to this report by the Missourian’s Calum McAndrew and MUTigers.com, and Trajan found himself on another list as well.
- The Missourian’s Wilson Moore wrote about Blaze Alldredge, who looks to lead the linebackers and make an impact in his only season in CoMo.
- RB Tyler Badie has signed with Atlanta-based Element Sports to help him with his NIL representation.
- Mike Kelly, the voice of the Tigers, went Inside the Zou for Episode 3, where he talked to Vice Provost of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Jim Spain (I know him!), and Tori Washburn, who tells us who earned their jersey numbers. Wrapping up, he looked at Mizzou Football players in the NFL! Check it out.
- Drake Heismeyer is out here making moves and donating money. Love this guy!
OR you can donate directly to the food bank at:https://t.co/GZRuZBnXt9— Drake Heismeyer (@DHeismeyer77) August 24, 2021
Other Mizzou Sports
- Love this from Coach P!!
- CANNOT WAIT for softball season!
Mizzou in the Pros
- After the WNBA season concludes, Soph will take her talents to France, where she has signed to play with the EuroLeague’s Basket Landes.
- Ahead of the NFL season, more cuts have been made to rosters, and more Tigers have been waived. Just a few days after Walter Palmore was signed by the Panthers, he was released. What exactly was the point in signing him, then? The Texans waived Paul Adams and Tucker McCann. Sad faces all around.
- I SPY with my two eyes… Tilly back on Mizzou Arena’s court. Per his IG stories:
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earncommissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)