Schweizer runs her first final and Bolton gets his first pick-six
It wasn’t the finish we all wanted, but Karissa Schweizer went out and did us all proud in her first Olympic final.
Former #Mizzou star Karissa Schweizer comes in 11th place in the 5K with a time of 14:55. She was the first American across the finish line. What a debut! She’ll compete again in the 10k in a few days.— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) August 2, 2021
Schweizer was the first American to finish the race, a few spots ahead of one of her club running teammates.
All of her medal hopes aren’t over, though. As noted in the tweet above, she’ll race in the 10k later this week.
In more domestic sports news that you may have heard, Nick Bolton is quickly ingratiating himself into the Chiefs’ system and fanbase.
An important question we should consider here is this: Is Nick Bolton the best defender in the NFL already? I don’t know, feels like the above evidence would hold up in court!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Dave Matter wrote about Mizzou’s ongoing athletic director search in light of the Power 5 shuffling that continues to dominate the college sports landscape.
- Summer NBA rosters are being set... recognize any names on the Magic and Heat rosters?
- 247Sports released a new ranking of the 2022 high school QB class, and check out who found themselves in the Top 10!
A higher-ranked QB than Texas. Is this what being an established SEC program feels like?
- Eric Blum at the Columbia Tribune previewed the Tigers’ special teams units for 2021 and found the return game to be the main thing lacking.
- Evan Boehm is getting another shot at an NFL roster spot with the Detroit Lions according to ProFootballTalk. Best of luck, Evan!
- Mizzou Baseball has a new Director of Player Development in Mitch Plassmeyer, the brother of former Tiger Michael (who’s currently in the Giants’ system in Double-A ball, in case you were curious!)
- A few Mizzou wrestlers will be competing in the coming junior world championships in Ufa, Russia. Good luck, Tigers!
- Here’s a really cool moment from #MizzouMade Buffalo Bill Mitch Morse, who started discussing the late Terez Paylor during a presser at preseason camp.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)