Here’s the part that you care about:
Those numbers in the “Opponent” column are preseason win probabilities, giving Missouri a projected win total of 6.39 wins (and 3.4 conference wins). The twelve opponents can be grouped into three buckets of win probability. They are:
SEMO (93%), North Texas (85%), at Vanderbilt (81%), South Carolina (77%), Central Michigan (71%)
Tennessee (53%), at Boston College (48%), at Kentucky (44%), at Arkansas (35%)
Texas A&M (21%), Florida (21%), Georgia (10%)
...yes, 3 of the 4 toss-ups are in the first five weeks of the season and are in a four-game window. Yikes.
BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK? That’s what I want to know.
Here are your questions, answer them in the comments below and let’s see what our educated readership thinks of this season:
1. What’s Mizzou’s record this year (head)?
2. What’s Mizzou’s record this year (heart)?
3. What youngster (freshman or sophomore not named Mookie Cooper) has a breakout year?
4. Mizzou knocks off either Texas A&M or Florida at home. Which one?
5. Mizzou loses to either Central Michigan, Boston College, or North Texas in non-con play. Which one?
6. Mizzou’s best conference game will be against _________?
7. Mizzou’s dumbest loss will be against __________?
8. How many Mizzou games will you attend this fall?