Game Previews are back and SDS says Mizzou will finish 4th
We’re now 4 days away from Mizzou’s season opener against Central Michigan (it’s Jalani Williams or Elijah Young day, make your pick!), and the media cycle is quickly kicking into midseason form. Game previews, predictions, betting lines... all the works are being cast out, including some full on conference predictions from Saturday Down South.
- Blair Kerkhoff at the KC Star lists five things to look forward to ahead of Saturday’s season opener, including how Central Michigan may look to attach the Tigers’ defense.
- Eric Blum at the Columbia Tribune listed his game-by-game predictions for the 2021 season.
- Saturday Down South is looking forward to seeing Jim McElwain make his SEC return, but anticipates that Connor Bazelak and Mizzou will be able to spoil things for him. They’re also picking the Tigers to finish fourth in the SEC East, with Trajan Jeffcoat and Harrison Mevis listed as Honorable Mentions in their All Conference picks.
- The Coshocton Tribune has all the betting lines and random factoids for Missouri and Central Michigan, including some tidbits about Central Michigan’s 2020 season.
Yesterday at Rock M
- In which we ask YOU, dear reader, to put your season predictions out there for all to see!
- In which BK considers which freshmen have the best chance at early playing time in 2021
- It sure sounds like Nick Bolton is about to get some serious reps for the Chiefs this year...
- Mizzou snagged a surprise commit out of Wyoming late last week and, mirroring his whirlwind recruitment, didn’t have to wait long to officially get his signature.
It still appears that Hicks will be ineligible for the 2021 season, but having him on campus for an extra year will no doubt ease the learning curve for when he starts taking the field.
- Mizzou’s Cross Country programs are ranked high in the initial polls to start the season.
- Desiree Reed-Francois is adding to her staff in the athletic department by reaching out to former colleagues. Not a bad strategy, if we’re being honest.
- Former Mizzou Soccer star Sarah Luebbert is on the move to Mexico on a loan deal from the Chicago Red Stars.
- DRF also joined Mun Choi for a quick Twitter hit to remind all of us about Black & Gold Fridays! I try to make a point of participating even away from the Show Me State, and I think everyone else should do the same.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)