The Most Important Q&A for Your Friday
With the pictures surfacing of the news court, Coach Martin asked fans an important series of questions on twitter:
So, what say you? If pressed for an answer, I think I would go with:
1) It’s definitely the 1993 3-OT Braggin Rights game in the old arena, no question. I was just a kid, but I’ll never forget it, and my parents and I still talk about it to this day. Attending Braggin Rights games are my fave.
2) The first sold out game I attended at Mizzou Arena— the 2017 Iowa State game. Also known as Michael Porter Jr’s debut, which lasted all of about three minutes. Someone in my former office very sweetly traded me for the tickets — I cried when she gave them to me, seriously — and me and longtime friend/sometimes Rock M contributer Ryan Faller got to go. It was one of the best, most exciting experiences I can remember being a part of. And was the start of Zo’s time here, where I forever became a fan.
3) Too many to name, but the ones that come to mind immediately: Kareem, Keyon, LBo, Kimmie, Earnest Ross, DeMarre, J3 (my most favorite), Kash, Tilly (Dino Jammies!), and Javon….
What do you think? Please sound off in the comments!
Moving on to a couple more social media things from Mizzou Hoops, including some practice pics and an awesome video from Zo:
Onto the Links! Lots of football to read about but not much else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GO KARISSA!!! She runs the 10,000m on Saturday at 5:45am. You can watch on Peacock or NBCOlympics.com!
Yesterday at Rock M
- In a new BTBS pod, Nate and BK chat about a number of topics, including: Jim Sterk, Oklahoma & Texas, and Marquis Gracial’s wandering eye. Have a listen!
- In Eric Blum’s TigerExtra (for subscribers), he wrote about Rice transfer, Blaze Alldredge, who is fitting in seamlessly into a veteran role.
- Mizzou football thinks its offense can take an ‘explosive’ jump in 2021, according to this piece by the KC Star’s Briar Napier.
- Briar also shared some takeaways early takeaways on new coordinator Steve Wilks’ defense.
- Dave Matter said there are storylines galore as Mizzou opens its second camp.
- Dave was also back with a new chat at STL Today— check it out!
- Kyle Jones of Trumans Tales broke down SEC Commish Greg Sankey’s contract extension.
- PowerMizzou shared some videos from this week’s media availability: transfer OLConnor Wood and coach Marcus Johnson, as well as this nice write up on the Tulsa transfers from Mitchell Forde.
- Andrew Kauffman checked in with Jay Maclin, who talked about his number change.
Watch: #Mizzou WR @jaymaclin2x switched to No. 9 this offseason - just like his cousin @jmac___19 wore back in his #Mizzou days. He says he hopes to see the old jerseys back at Faurot this year!— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) August 5, 2021
"Always imagined wearing that number and being at #Mizzou - it's very exciting." pic.twitter.com/zlIxuFQeIx
- Some more pics from media day!
- Coach Pingeton and her staff sent over lunch to Drinkwitz on Thursday. I don’t much care for that restaurant choice, but still a very gracious gesture:
Other Mizzou Sports
- Looks like we’ll be able to see some other Mizzou sports on tv this season! Volleyball will have six matches on national tv, and soccer will play three nationally televised games! (via Columbia Missourian)
- What a cool setup in Coach Golan’s office!
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earncommissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)